- Bethesda, MD or NYC
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Meghan Healy
Our Leading Hospitality Client is looking for a Senior Copywriter!
Sr Manager Copywriter, will play a key role in writing and producing content, guiding creative strategy, designing and delivering content pitches, and executing digital marketing and social media initiatives. The role will be a core member of the Agency organization and assigned brand teams informing strategy and driving execution for marketing tactics to deliver against brand and digital goals. This role will lead the narrative development of social media experiences spanning brand and hotel level on key platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and others supporting the brand’s overarching strategies (i.e. engagement, awareness, etc.). This role will also manage the strategy and execution of copy & narrative relating to owned digital platforms in partnership with the Digital Team and Digital Paid Media team as part of the Center of Excellence operating model. This role partner closely with key members of the assigned brand team, global marketing, content studio, digital marketing, public relations, digital agencies, key hotel stakeholders, and the field/continental organizations. The role will work directly with agencies to oversee copy and development of content, as well as other teams to generate integrated marketing plans.
Education and Experience
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration, Hospitality Management, or related major, or
• 5-7 years of copywriting experience across platforms
• 3-5 years’ experience in content creation
• Experience with travel industry is a plus
• Demonstrated experience with developing, launching, managing website and mobile projects
• Demonstrated experience writing treatments and video scripts.
• Demonstrated experience with Social Media marketing, monitoring, management, content and advertising
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Responsible for crafting copy and creative strategy and prioritizing, managing, supporting and executing select digital marketing strategy initiatives (brand website, social media, field support) to support assigned brands.
• When necessary, lead casting, contracting, and payment of non-influencer talent for in-house content
• Work closely with Art Director to pitch and present concepts to key stakeholders.
• Work with larger internal team to update and maintain brand creative standards and voice guides.
• Hands-on execution of concepts and written collateral within a full range of mediums, including platform specific social copy, web copy, interviews, listicles, talent copy, scripts, and more.
• Ensure that creative meets brand guidelines and production standards.
• Work with Art Director to ensure assets align with core messaging.
• Work closely with entire internal team to develop effective, impactful ideas based on tactical plan.
• Oversee and implement creative strategy and workflow of digital marketing and advertising campaigns supporting the digital brand strategy.
• Work autonomously to author and drive digital/social strategy for assigned brands level initiatives while also providing strategic guidance for regional and hotel-level initiatives – if applicable.
• Oversee and drive creative strategy and workflow of digital marketing and advertising campaigns supporting the digital brand strategy.
• Work closely with entire internal team to develop effective, impactful ideas based on tactical plan. Digital and Social Strategy oversight and execution:
• Direct oversight of copy and brand messaging as it pertains to creative brand website strategy, optimizations, and day to day maintenance as
• Work with agency and internal partners to concept and write creative assets such as digital display, video, social media assets, paid search ads, emails, landing pages, on-site promotional placements
• Oversee brand social media content creation, approval of editorial calendar, and support of influencer programs implemented by agency or in house.
• Oversee social media monitoring, advertising, promotions/contests and other activations implemented by agency or in house.
• Oversee the writing, brand voice and content for brand level social media and digital channels.
• When applicable, oversee agencies and/or social media writers for each brand.
• Work with internal team to ensure in-house content is produced on or under budget.
• Partner with Measurement and Analytics team on digital dashboard creation, KPI definition and alignment, and regularly report out performance and learnings to key stakeholders and executive team Consult and partner with stakeholders to provide expertise:
• Lead the development of the holistic content strategy for assigned brands and work with Brand Marketing, Creative & Content team, and agency partners on content development and distribution.
• Liase with content studio to collaborate on influencer, MLive, and content creation where relevant.
• Liaise with internal social media teams to collaborate on best practices and customer care integration.
• Develop strong relationships with subject matter experts and channel leaders, agencies, media and distribution partners to cost-effectively maximize opportunities for the brand while ensuring high-quality on-strategy creative is delivered.
• Monitor and report out on industry best practices and competitive/landscape trends
• Liase with internal and external PR teams to ensure tight integration and holistic campaigns.
• Create streamlined information for internal reports/audits/analysis of digital marketing performance (including but not limited to .com, SPG.com, Brand Website, Social media, Paid Media, Search) and well as create compelling marketing and reporting presentations • Support and liaise with the field organization and other team members on digital/social marketing best practices to ensure digital strategy alignment.