- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Sara El-Shami
We are looking for a self-motivated, inquisitive, and resourceful Copywriter eager to improve their craft and grow with the team. This person must be capable of balancing multiple jobs, comfortable varying their approach to copy, and be able to articulate choices to clients. Brevity is a must. This person will work directly and collaboratively with members of the creative team and business partners to develop and produce effective communications. Is self-organized and manages multiple deadlines on numerous concurrent jobs. Can fill in for Creative Director, if needed.
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of advertising and marketing trends and translates business intent into creative strategies and executions that market products effectively
• Demonstrates understanding of intended audience; interprets market research and test results and can use findings to focus targeted marketing messages
• Facilitates brainstorm sessions; recognizes ideas that should go forward
• Writes, concise, informative and engaging copy and persuasively communicates creative ideas and rationale
• Monitors projects to ensure creative intent is not diluted.
• Web, mobile and social experience a plus.
4-year degree in communications, creative writing, journalism or similar discipline.
6+ years of writing experience (Financial Services experience, preferred).
Portfolio demonstrates a variety of experience with national advertising or marketing campaigns: annual reports, broadcast, print and web.
Industry Knowledge: Direct Mail and/or web experience required within any industry, (Financial Services, preferred). Brings processes, technology or people solutions to the table with regard the design or print process. Proven ability to coach and challenge design team to improve the effectiveness of creative.
Technical Knowledge: Working knowledge of MS Word, InDesign and Acrobat preferred
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
Our Talent are working with “best-in-class” global marketing teams on omni-channel campaigns, leveraging innovative technologies to drive customer engagement. AQUENT Talent work alongside full-time employees presenting ideas to stakeholders and influencing business decisions every day.
You’ll be pushed to bring thoughtful creative and marketing ideas to the table
You’ll be collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver purposeful projects
You’ll be working with a global brand - meeting customers where they live by leveraging AI, ML and VR