- Boston, MA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
Senior Manager, UI Design - Retail Portfolio
Our Fortune 10 Healthcare client is looking to hire 2 UI Designers to be a part of their diverse Digital team. They are embarking on a bold agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy, growing team to make a difference in people’s lives. You will be in on the ground floor of innovation that aims to reinvent the health care experience.
This Digital Design team creates easy, accessible, and seamless experiences for our customers on our digital healthcare, pharmacy and retail platforms. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of UX and UI designers, researchers, content strategists, engineers and product managers throughout the design process — from strategy to pixel-perfect design. At each stage, you will advocate for our customers and ensure that the final product meets user needs.
As a Sr. UI Manager you will:
• Lead and inspire UI design teams responsible for delivering effective design solutions for our digital experiences
• Problem-solve and ideate creative solutions to meet user needs and business goals
• Oversee design projects and ensure that the UI is on-brand and consistent with our UI Kit
• Lead design reviews and confidently communicate decision-making rationale to team members and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Coach and mentor UI designers
• Work closely with cross-functional leadership
• 8+ years in UI, product or digital design experience with a focus on user centered design
• Strong portfolio demonstrating creative problem solving with excellent attention to detail, mastery of typography, color, iconography and spacing
• 4+ years’ experience leading design teams
• 4+ years leading stakeholder reviews and presentations of UI design solutions
• Demonstrable experience designing for both web (desktop, mobile) and native (iOS, Android) platforms
• Ability to coordinate and oversee multiple design workstreams, provide holistic design direction to large-scale projects
• 2+ years experience leading designs for large-scale, enterprise products in an agile environment
• Ability to take a strategic design approach factoring in user research, user test findings and technical capabilities to inform the user interface solution
• Ability to lead by example and consistently inspire your team
• Experience with iOS and/or Material native UI guidelines and patterns
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Responsive to feedback, capable of both receiving and giving all types of feedback
• Lean/iterative mindset; be open to adapting in order to meet customer and business needs process
• Experience with agile and lean software development practices is highly preferred
• Expert knowledge working with Sketch and Invision
High School diploma required
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy