- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
Aquent's Client is looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated Contract Technical Writer to produce high-quality technical content for developers or DevOps engineers. You know how to work collaboratively with other writers, Product Management, Engineering, customers, and others to create the technical topics and examples that customers can find on Google. This role can sit anywhere!
- Understand all of the core use cases for one or more technologies and are able to thoroughly document them
- Be self-directed in working with engineering to gather doc requirements for upcoming releases, proactively responding to feedback about documentation for your focused technology or technologies
- Understand our other technologies well enough to write topics for larger team deliverables and have developed a strong relationship with Engineering to manage successful tech review of new or existing content
- Proactively respond to and seek documentation feedback from internal and external customers
- Take ownership of the process of peer and technical reviews of your content
- Ability to learn and quickly get up-to-speed on new technologies
- Experience documenting APIs, SDKs, and cloud-based enterprise software
- Experience with Git, Markdown, Jira and working from the command line
- Ability to break down problems
- Exceptional writing skills with a strong voice and sharp eye for structure, along with the subject-matter knowledge required for credibility
- Understanding of agile software development
- Experience with bug tracking system such as JIRA (or equivalent)
- Experience writing for a highly technical audience
Our client, the world's #1 Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model.
These founding principles have taken the company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. They are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career within the company. Together, with their employees, customers, partners and communities, they are working to improve the state of the world.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.