- New York, New York
- Job Terms:
- $70hr - $75hr DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gerald Garrison
About This Role: In a fast-moving and increasingly complex global economy, our client’s success depends on how faithfully they adhere to core principles: deliver exceptional client service; act with integrity; and support the growth of employees across all diversities, men and woman of color, military and vets, LGBT. With this motto in mind, we invite you to join the Team on this 8 month plus freelance assignment in NYC, 401k provided, healthcare benefits (dental, health, vision).
What You Will Do: As Lead Product Designer / UX Architect in the Wholesale Payments Group, you will be responsible for leveraging technologies to help develop and refine the tools considered most essential to our clients and internal middle office employees to service these clients. Both sets of these users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs. And so, the tools we design must add value while adding minimal complexity.
The successful candidate will join this unique and specialized team that provides product strategy and delivery capabilities for client-facing applications. Our Product Design team sits within a Product Management organization and partners with the product owners to ensure that our hand-crafted, innovative ideas are deployed.
What You Will Do:
• Enjoys designing highly functional user interfaces
• Has a deep understanding of interactivity and its impact on human behavior
• Excels at conceptualizing, modeling, and designing complex, yet innovative, experiences
• Has a cache of methods for uncovering important contextual details that help ensure we’re solving for the right problems
• Can defend their designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
• Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product development
• Is detail-oriented and appreciates the value of visual aesthetics across everything we do
• Can confidently translate business problems and requirements into compelling UI's
•Define and drive the overall process of Interaction Design/Information Architecture for complex highly functional business applications
• Both formally or informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage your learnings to come up with the big idea
• Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchy
• With a solid understanding of the users, steer not just the design but also, where appropriate, the product strategy
• Escort a proposed solution through to deployment and beyond ensuring that the vision becomes a reality.
What You Need:
• For lead-level, minimum 8 years of experience working as a user experience professional
• Master's degree preferred
• Has evaluated the goals and opportunities of an initiative and then worked to craft a program of work for the UX work stream which has included user research and synthesis, concepting, design, specification, QA, and deployment.
• Experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services
• Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
• Foundation education in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent advanced degree is preferred for our Lead roles.
• Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product.
A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume to: email@example.com
What is it like working with Aquent?
I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)