- Vancouver, BC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Deanne Gilman
This is an exciting entry level opportunity with a major AAA studio for anyone interested in getting into game production. A key component of this role is to manage the critical dependencies between the groups and solve issues. As part of the Production team, you will be expected to help create and foster a collaborative, healthy, and high performing work environment. The Producer will create production roadmaps based on backlogs and partner with product owners to establish sprint and milestone goals. He/she will execute against this plan by working with the leadership team to prioritize deliverables, manage risks, react quickly to challenges, report weekly status, and evaluate their group against deliverable completion and quality success criteria.
• Proactively identify dependencies and risks associated with meeting project milestones; ensure necessary and appropriate steps are taken to resolve difficulties which may impede progress or compromise achievement of project objectives
• Create, update, and present status and information to provide ‘real-time' visibility of shared development efforts to the Studio Leadership team
• Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency
• Provide regular capacity plan updates
• Administer project related processes internal and external to the team, such as running scrums to identify dependencies and roadblocks
• Handle the formal and informal organizational communication with stakeholders
• Project development with emphasis on team empowerment
• Milestone planning, execution, and evaluation
• Communicate goals to the team and motivate them to execute on time and at a high-quality level
• Management of both internal and outsourced development teams
• Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
• 3+ years Project Management or Production experience, ideally on console products
• Has shipped a minimum of 1 games product
• Production experience with a variety of project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall etc.)
• Experience managing cross functional teams
• A good understanding of the game development cycle with an understanding of the creative process and its impact on business needs
• Experience shipping AAA quality games
• Has experience managing development projects from concept all the way through to ship
• Empowers team to problem solve at all times.
• Continuously course corrects and removes obstacles for team.
• Directs resources and process towards the vision.
• Resourceful and thoughtful in making decisions in a timely manner.