- Vancouver, BC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Deanne Gilman
AAA game studio currently seeking a Consumer Product Development Manager to work in the highly competitive and fascinating world of interactive entertainment. As a Consumer Products Product Development Manager you will oversee production for all licensed merchandise, including apparel, accessories, toys, collectibles, peripherals, and other product categories. This management includes daily and long range product planning, account management, project management, quality control, and execution. A successful candidate will demonstrate strong organizational skills, good communication skills, independent thinking, knowledge in Gears of War video game play, universe and fiction.
• Manage aspects of product development including product planning, account/project management, creative concept, quality control, and execution with licensed merchandise partners and internal stake holder in coordination with Licensing Lead.
• Create and manage a detailed production schedule for all licensed products with licensees.
• Assist with partner retail planning and collaborate with Licensing Lead to deliver results at retail.
• Design and deliver recommendations for new cross collaborations amongst consumer products partners.
• Must communicate well with internal stakeholders and manage deadlines effectively.
• Must communicate well with external business partners, acting professionally to convey the message.
• Manage game art and marketing assets including coordination with internal stakeholders to request and aggregate digital assets for licensing usage.
• Assist with licensing style guide development and delivery.
• Administrative duties will include shipping boxes and other miscellaneous tasks.
• Process and maintain licensing sample archives.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task over various projects in a timely manner.
• Project management or game development QA expertise, with specific focus on attention to detail, tracking and meeting deadlines.
• Knowledge of video game consumer products goods, including product development, manufacture, sales. and distribution of toys, games, apparel, peripherals, and accessories.
• Strong personal initiative and good judgment; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment.
• Passion for gaming.
• BA/BS or work experience equivalent.
• 2+ years of real world experience in production management of consumer products merchandise categories or QA game development required.
• Familiar in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Office Suite (Powerpoint), InDesign.
• Familiar with working with 3D programs like Unreal, Maya or Zbrush.