- Columbus, OH - remote to start
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kara Lyons
Aquent is looking for a UX Consultant with Web Development skills for our client in Columbus, OH. This person will provide consulting services on one or more web technical specialties such as usability, user experience, interactive design or web content. **Breakdown in work would be aboutt 25% front end development/prototyping and around 75% interaction design/wireframing.
This person will lead project teams to define and document site architecture, navigation elements, content strategy, map user flows, and propose best practices in usability and interactive design based on a deep understanding of customer needs. Recommend innovative solutions that balance those customer needs with business viability and technical feasibility that provide an exceptional user experience, market differentiation, and efficiency improvements while maintaining brand standards and meeting business objectives.
What you'll do:
- Provides technical and/or strategic direction to project teams and/or product groups.
- Defines scope and objectives based on user needs and understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Consults on and leads business process analysis and needs assessments, aligning solutions with businessgoals and initiatives.
- Works with content writers, designers, coders, business representatives, and usability staff to define site functionality, organization and navigation solutions, and participates in research efforts to identify user goalsand tasks.
- Recommends innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology and/or content to provide market differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experience.
- Maps out how the site will accommodate change and growth over time.
- Assesses the scalability of the content management infrastructure and develops new processes, workflows and standards to resolve complex technical issues.
- Participates in overall project management, time estimates and resource scheduling.
- Monitors project team compliance with architecture best practices and principles and resolves issues elevated from project teams.
- Researches emerging technologies and trends to maintain an in-depth understanding of user experience.
- Works with usability staff to develop and document methodologies, standards and best practices.
What you'll have:
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in the software or web site development, content or graphics creation, database and web technology, research, conducting usability testing, and user centered design processes.
- Knowledge: Software or website development, thorough knowledge of usability for the web, solid understanding of design or content for current web technologies. Knowledge of internet best practices and research principles.
- Insurance company operations and products, company organizational structure and general administrative policies, practices and procedures.
- Skills/Competencies: Command of all skills necessary for verbal and written communications.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and external factors that may influence or have an impact on the company, as well as the customers, distribution systems, operations, and the strategic planning process.
- Proven ability to set work priorities that conform with established objectives, timeframes and accomplish a task in the most effective manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (i.e. engineers, product managers, designers, business leaders, etc.).
- Proven ability to manage projectsand define administrative methods and procedures to attain objectives.
- Ability to maintain working knowledge and/or expertise in PC-based software programs, insurance/business concepts and assigned line of business as well as marketing and strategic planning concepts.