- Deerfield, IL
- Job Terms:
- Competitive w/ full benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- PJ Farnham
The main function of a Procurement Specialist is to purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. A typical Procurement Specialist is responsible for buying goods and services for use by their company or organization. A purchasing agent is responsible for the purchase of machinery, equipment, parts, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. Job
* Review and potentially optimize suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability and other relevant factors.
* Approve purchases of the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts. * Approve purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
* Instruct staff on how to resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
* Instruct staff on methods of negotiation, renegotiation and administration of contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
* Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
* Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
* Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to analyze financial reports, price proposals and other technical data. *
Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
* Knowledge of supply chain management.
* Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education/Experience: * Bachelor's degree in finance or a related business field required.
* 2-4 years finance related experience required.
We need moderate level knowledge focused on Ariba Procurement Desk/Operational in experience