- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- James Ward
Our forward-thinking Fortune 500 global investment firm – who bring People Capital and Ideas together to help their clients and the communities they serve – is in need of a freelance Part Time Remote (approx. 20 hours per week) Writer/Editor within their Consumer Digital Design Group. If bringing simplicity, transparency and entertainment to the world of personal finance come alive for casual readers sounds like fun to you, this is your kind of position.
This role is remote, 6 months with opportunity to extend, healthcare benefits, FlexSpend, 401k is provided for this freelance engagement.
What You Will Do:
- As a freelance consumer facing Writer/Editor for the firm's consumer business, you will help bring an entrepreneurial spirit to this startup within a 150 year old company.
- You will be responsible for pitching, reporting, and writing news articles, columns, reviews and feature stories covering general economic trends (e.g., unemployment, housing, etc.) and other personal finance topics, while making concepts accessible in an easy to understand tone.
- You will be counted on to develop timely and engaging stories with original, on-brand angles,
with a quick turnaround, approx.. 2 – 3 articles per week, 500 – 1,000 words per piece.
- The position requires an understanding of what makes articles/content interesting for audiences, a visual eye to make stories come alive through imagery and excellent news judgment.
- Identify, pitch and create stories relevant to potential bank customers/those interested in personal finance topics, and pitch and write articles quickly - often within hours.
What You Need:
- Portfolio Required
- Seeking specific subject matter expertise in general economics reporting
- Experience as a full-time journalist or editor covering personal finance, economic writing or other service-driven topics
- Knowledge of general macroeconomics topics is key - Experience telling stories with infographics, video and interactive tools is helpful
- Superb attention to detail, even under deadline - Passion for storytelling and pitching
- Strong sense of urgency around news, trending topics and helpful information; ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org