- Northern Virginia
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
As a Principal Product Designer you’ll be responsible for designing useful, integrated experiences in collaboration with a group of talented, kind people whose skills
span design, product, tech, and finance.
As a Product Designer on the Integrated Experiences Team, you are ....
A master craftsperson. You pride yourself in confidently driving projects from strategy through execution. You’ve got a whole arsenal of tools and techniques at your disposal that you dispatch appropriately depending on the customer and business needs.
A systems thinker. You think larger than just the work at hand and intuitively think at the ecosystem level. You often think about scalability and adaptability across products and platforms.
Passionate. You are genuinely interested in what you do. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are delivering for and advocate for their needs within the business.
A Customer Advocate. You cultivate a deep empathy for people and anticipate their needs. You help them to focus on what’s essential at the moment and advocate for their best interest.
Collaborative. You’re a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You display a positive attitude, are open and enjoy contributing, which contributes to your respected leadership on the team.
A successful juggler. You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multi-projects at once, manage your time efficiently and appropriately communicate scheduling with the broader team.
A clarifying voice. You add clarity and focus to every conversation you’re in, clearing a path to what really matters and helping others see things in a new, simpler light.
Excited about designing with data. You are comfortable working with data as a raw material. You think carefully about presenting it in a way that helps users focus on what’s important.
Specifically, you will:
Help deliver world-class products that will redefine the very fundamentals of how our client does
● Build empathy and be a customer advocate in our product development process.
● Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex
● Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support
● Participate in workshops to facilitate co-creation, alignment, and understanding.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
You have worked in a product group focusing on web or mobile applications for a few years; in
and around designers, product managers and engineers – and love it. You thrive being the
person responsible for delivering improved experiences.
● Demonstrable prior experience illustrating that you were responsible for product
throughout the full product lifecycle.
● You’ll identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research
and interaction data.
● You possess the ability to deliver on those insights by partnering with product teams to
drive product vision and experience strategy.
● Working with our engineering teams, the vision you articulate will turn into simple,
● You have a demonstrated record of success inventing, designing, and launching
● You are experienced at the end-to-end design process, balancing customer insights and
business goals, from strategy to shipped product as well as post launch monitoring,
enhancements, and iteration.
What You’ll Bring:
A portfolio that highlights strong experience designing for data intensive applications at scale.
● Solid UI/UX experience.
● Ability to work with low fidelity and high-fidelity deliverables in agile teams.
● Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns.
● Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
● Not intimidated by current design tools, e.g., Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision, etc., or working
with them to develop and complete deliverables.
● Strong storytelling capabilities; an ability to weave key insights into a compelling
● Experience creating prototypes at various levels of fidelity to articulate and test user
flows, UI design, and/or UI animation using modern tools (e.g., InVision, Flinto, Pixate,
● Excellent problem-solving and relationship management skills.
● Interest in service design with experience using service design methods.
● Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with partners and influence the
shape of the product using research, user journeys, interactive prototypes, and
● Ability to advocate the value of Design, and inspire partners and teammates through
elegant presentation and storytelling capabilities.
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
Our Talent are working with “best-in-class” global marketing teams on omni-channel campaigns, leveraging innovative technologies to drive customer engagement. AQUENT Talent work alongside full-time employees presenting ideas to stakeholders and influencing business decisions every day.
You’ll be pushed to bring thoughtful creative and marketing ideas to the table
You’ll be collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver purposeful projects
You’ll be working with a global brand - meeting customers where they live by leveraging AI, ML and VR
● At least 3 years of experience with user experience design, including visual UI design.
● At least 2 years of experience in driving product experience vision and storytelling
● 5+ years of experience with user experience design
● 5+ years of experience designing digital products
● 2+ years of experience designing for data-intensive products
● 5+ years’ experience with standard digital design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, etc.)
● 5+ years of experience with information architecture
● 3+ years of experience creating prototypes at various levels of fidelity