- Redmond, WA (remote possible during guidance)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
You may have the opportunity to lend your design skills and industry experience to help shape the future of a game loved by millions. We need exceptionally talented fans to be a part of the exciting opportunities this brand can bring.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented user experience designer and fan of this pixelated global world-building game to help shape the future of a game loved by millions. If you love it, know its detailed systems inside and out, and are versed in a wide variety of different game types, platforms, and input methods, this job may be for you.
• Work with the Design Team and Creative Leadership Team to understand the product's vision and design gameplay/complete tasks to meet those goals across many platforms
• Design and implement prototypes, mockups, task analysis, usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams.
• Generate design ideas; present and sell designs to the game team. Understand player needs and motivations and integrate them into game design to contribute to user features and functionality.
• Work with the development team to maintain quality as they implement new features
• Work with analytics, research, and user feedback to ensure that the customer’s desires are being fulfilled
• 3-5 years work related experience required.
• 2+ years design experience in console gaming
• Has completed at least 1 development cycle in a design role on a shipped console game
• Excel at cross-functional communication and scoping designs to fit a schedule
• Experience creating digital prototypes in Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, Origami, or Marvel (we work in Figma, the person will be required to use Figma)
• Possesses a strong critical eye and passion to “find the fun” in the player’s experience
• Self-motivated and drive for excellence. Able to work by yourself or as part of a team
• Willingness to explore, iterate and collaborate on difficult problems
• Knowledge of the game's franchise including differences between the PC, console, and mobile editions and the various modes of play available in each
• Familiar with approaches to player personalization in popular games
An exceptional candidate will have one or more of the following:
• Programming experience for front end
• Web design experience
• Driving collaboration across multiple teams in different time zones
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.