- Los Angeles, California 90071 (remote to start)
- Job Terms:
- $28-32/hour W2 + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
Our client is looking for Creative CopyEditor / Proofreader for a fabulous Financial Services client in LA. This an onsite 6+months assignment with benefits, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more. This role will be 100% remote at first and then, when things go back to "normal" will be onsite in DTLA.
This is a production proofing role that requires proficiency with Excel. If you have experience copy editing or proofreading in a highly-regulated environment where you have edited not just writing but also
data, number, stats, and/or research - this could be a great fit for you!
Copy Editor / Prooofer Primary Responsibilities:
- Copy editing.
- Proofing: Including comparing statistical information to backup data
- Ability to be flexible with deadline driven due dates.
- Excellent accuracy and has an eye for detail.
The ideal talent must have:
- Requires at least 3-5 years of copyediting experience.
- Candidates must have experience proofing statistical information including charts, graphs, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast paced production environment needed.
- Professional presentation and communication skills.
- Experience working within a corporate environment is required.
- Financial industry knowledge is a plus.
- Must have copy editing and/or copywriting experience from any of the following, highly-regulated industries: banking, financial services, insurance, medical, healthcare, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, or something similar.
Copy Editor / Proofer Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for proofreading, light copy editing, and fact-checking content for the Multi-Channel Content Production team within Marketing Communication
- Oversees and provides Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure accuracy and overall quality of materials
- Collaborates with the creative team to review and improve existing content, coordinate requests for and update statistics and compliance footnote language using internal tools and software, conduct research related to content development and participate in team and strategy/development meetings
- Responsible for working on materials related to the American Funds as well as Capital Group investment strategies
- Responsible for and/or oversees the proofreading of materials that include a significant amount of statistical information
- Ensures that materials are consistent with corporate and compliance standards; collaborates with compliance/legal especially as it relates to footnote language
- Maintains a proofing style guide for the Institutional materials
- Collaborates with the creative tea, on projects outside of the QA process based on additional business knowledge, as neede
- The copy editor will work with various internal groups to manage projects and ensure all tasks are scheduled and completed on time.
- Recommends copyedits based on knowledge of target audience, as well as internal and external style guides.
- Updates and/or identifies changes to information in materials that require quarterly/annual updates, including, but not limited to, statistical information and changes in investment and risk disclosures.
- Utilizes appropriate tool(s) to ensure updates are displayed correctly on all appropriate web/digital pages.
- Copyedits and abridges content to fit sizing requirements as necessary. Ensures materials are error-free.
- Monitors, tracks and incorporates all compliance language updates to ensure materials comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Determines impact to existing materials when compliance language is added or changed. Understands and applies required disclosure language across all collateral and channels.
- Monitors existing copy editing tools and resources, including, but not limited to, the AP Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style, as well as a number of internal sites and systems.