- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- James Ward
I am excited to share that our Fortune 500 client is continuing to hire and grow their internal Design System Team within the Wealth Management Group! This career defining, long-term, one year freelance role (with opportunity to extend/convert to full time) as UX Design System Manager (with Web Content Accessibility Guideline experience) is currently remote in NYC, 40 hours a week, healthcare benefits provided, 401K, 5 paid sick days, more.
Our client’s Wealth Management UX Team crafts digital products that help their clients achieve their financial goals. They are a growing team of designers and researchers who bring an entrepreneurial spirit to a leading global financial firm. If you can bring clarity to complexity, design holistically, we want you!
What You Will Do:
- As a part of the growing team of designers and researchers, as UX Design System Manager for the client’s Financial Advisors 3D Platform, you will provide strategic and visionary thinking that will inspire the team to build innovative solutions for their 3D Advisor Platform. You must have comparable experience bringing enterprise products to market, and continuing an ongoing innovation cycle, based on usage metrics data analysis and client feedback.
- In this role, you will group all the elements that will allow the teams to design, realize and develop a product which will evolve with the the tools and the new technologies, e.g. tools for designers & developers, patterns, components, guidelines, etc.
- Partner closely with 3D UX leads to promote User Interface design consistency across the platform to bring enterprise products to market, and continuing an ongoing innovation cycle, based on usage metrics data analysis and client feedback.
- Develop a deep understanding of the users of 3D (financial advisors, client service associates and operations), establish, maintain and promote UI design guidelines, best practices and standards and ensure all 3D products are WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure that UX solutions are accurately developed
- Manage day-to-day operations of a team of UI designers, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved, review in flight designs with UX leads for overall design solution simplicity; providing art direction from concept stage to final hand-off to engineering
- Inspire, motivate and promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
What You Need:
- Portfolio Required; Financial services experience (plus)
- 10+ years’ experience as a key member of a design team participating in the development lifecycle of successfully launched consumer websites and or products
- 5+ years as a Design System Manager with proven results in leadership and cross functional collaboration
- You have participated in the development life cycle of successfully launched enterprise products from research and concept design in an agile process
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
- You have a balanced understanding of usability, interaction design, visual design, software front-end development, and fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UX/UI
- Experience designing digital products with dense information, heavy data visualizations and complex work-flows
- You have outstanding communication and collaboration skills with the ability to influence multi-disciplinary teams and partners across the organization
- Demonstrable management experience leading an internal team and partnering with outside agencies (communication of project status, priorities and stages of design to product teams)
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk.)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume to: email@example.com