- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
*This position is remote until it is safe to go into the Chelsea NY office. Only local NY/NJ/CT candidates will be considered.
As the Senior Communications Consultant, you will manage and deliver on communications strategy and execution for the Design Studio:
o You will manage a plan to inspire employees to become advocates by enabling them to co-develop and amplify a dynamic narrative that will instill pride and attract new talent and partners
o You will partner with the leaders to become the subject matter expert in Design for the Studio while driving understanding of the strategic value of end-to-end holistic design solutions
o You will manage a plan to inform and inspire employees through integrated storytelling that demonstrates the end-to-end value of design, and how the Studio is creating and enabling better experiences and health outcomes.
You have key problem-solving skills in developing communications strategies and actions. This role requires a high degree of independent judgment and decision making. Decisions impact projects, affecting the deadlines, resources and funds, and the achievement of Enterprise platform communication programming.
- You will manage the day-to-day planning, execution and measurement of the communication plan, including:
- Manage the continuous evolution of a compelling narrative
- Partner with the Studio Design team to develop and review visual design assets that build a narrative in compelling and engaging ways
- Provide strategic leadership and executional rigor on operationalizing the process for case studies (with consideration to the collection of content, consistency in completion, and flexibility in use cases)
- Serve as a liaison to external academic partners on whitepaper development
- Partner with leaders and employees to develop and manage stakeholder mapping to ensure narrative and assets are leveraged with key stakeholder groups to position The Studio as a strategic partner
- Manage communication channels reaching broad audiences to build design acumen across the Company
- Partner across the Communication function to seek-out integrated storytelling opportunities that highlight the value of the Studio across Company sectors and functions
- Analyze metrics and performance indicators to recommend improvements and drive more effective global communications
- You will partner with Employee Communications & Engagement (EC&E) to provide strategic employee communication counsel for key communications, critical leadership messages, change-management communications and employee engagement, while serving as the lead on execution of tactics.
- You’ll further support the Chief Design Officer on development of executive communications, which could include external/internal speaking engagements and organizational messaging, on a selective case-by-case basis as directed by and in partnership with the Chief of Staff.
- Please note that the opportunity exists to expand the role to full-time to broaden reach of communications beyond internal channels to social media, speaking opportunities, etc. If expanded, this role would manage the entire community of internal and external opportunities to ensure consistency, reach and measurable outcomes, which may include but is not limited to:
- Developing editorial calendars
- Creating engaging, timely digital content (e.g. social media posts, newsletters, blogs, etc.)
- Managing social channels
- You will have budget responsibilities and authority for platform communication team programs and initiatives
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or a related discipline is required
- A minimum of 8 - 10 years of related experience is required; previous experience in employee engagement, experience developing engagement and internal communications for business functional areas is highly preferred
- Demonstrated success in facilitating and resolving issues among stakeholders with competing deadlines and priorities
- Demonstrated experience translating strategic goals/concepts into action plans and implementing initiatives at an operational level is required
- Polished presentation, writing and organizational skills are essential
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments; flexibility, collaborative and deadline-driven; able to manage competing, high-priority demands successfully is required
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view