- Beaverton, OR (Remote)
- Job Terms:
- Hourly Rate
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Anne Baesemann
Aquent's client is looking for a Design Operations Manager to work a contract role, slated for one year, with a dynamic global sporting company.
The Design Ops Manager is an enthusiastic, motivated, intuitive and well-organized team player who ensures the Design Studio runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis. Ideal candidate will have a Minimum of 5 years experience working in creative studios setting. They will drive, implement and manage design process systems and procedures, solve problems and prioritize amongst multiple tasks.
The will provide the energy, focus and organizational horsepower to drive process excellence and enable the company's design to have creative space and focus.
This role will:
_Serve as Chief of Staff to the Design Director
_Manage day-to-day operations of studio
_Implement existing templates and tools to drive design process results
_Develop plans for achieving key dates and deliverables
_Establish and foster strong cross-functional relationship with Product Management, Development, and Merchandising partners
_Foster a high performance team and studio by executing process excellence and driving synergy across Product, Color and Materials design functions
_Work closely with Ops Director to ensure all policy and procedures are properly implemented for design teams
_Ensure adherence to deadlines and deliverables both for design teams and for downstream and upstream partners
_Manage design team budget including monthly reporting to Finance
_Partner with Design Director to create inspiring, motivational and educational experiences for design teams to support team building and creative exploration
With direction from design leadership and/or creative directors, this role will shepherd seasonal work load and process, including calendar, design tools (images, samples, color, etc.), and resource allocation to ensure timelines and business objectives are met.
They will champion group design efforts, maintaining relationships with internal divisions groups and outside groups where collaborative relationships benefits the brand, product, and creative process (e.g. Commercialization, Merchandising, Footwear).
• Oversees seasonal workload by assigning projects to design staff and outside contractors as needed.
• Provides experiences and training that maintains highest level of competency among designers.
- Represent assigned area of responsibility in a management and professional capacity within the design function and to cross-functional teams.
• Collaborate with other managers within Design and across the matrix to increase efficiencies and ensure design excellence.
- Partner with design leadership in the creation and implementation of design processes, creative teambuilding experiences, HR planning tracking, and overall design-related needs to promote excellence in design at all times.
This client, named for the Greek goddess of victory, is the world's leading designer, marketer and distributor of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories.
• Minimum of 5 years experience working in creative studios (Preferred: Experience with product creation process, specifically apparel or footwear)
• Strong oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations; ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management.
• Demonstrated project management and process excellence.
• Bachelors Degree