- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
The Digital Content Strategist is part of the Digital Content Team. This major healthcare client has offices in Louisville, KY and Chicago, IL, with the ability to be located at either location.
This team creates and maintains content across the client's web properties in alignment with corporate and digital style guides and in compliance with NAIC regulations. Your key accountabilities are defining and implementing content strategies for digital products and projects, in alignment with the overall digital experience, other offline content, multiple complex business goals, and varied audience needs. As the Digital Content Strategist, you will:
- Direct the message hierarchy, content types, tone, voice and creative interpretation of content so it is on brand and aligned with marketing objectives
- Identify, manage and structure engaging and contextually-appropriate content
- Collaborate with the line of business(s) and Digital strategy team(s) on content organization, navigation, site maps and information design
- Regularly audit and inventory online content to identify gaps in quality, compliance, standards and branding
- Develop content matrices and calendars to track and manage content updates
- Lead efforts to identify new content/communication opportunities, repurpose existing content, and surface other creative ways to create more meaningful user experiences and efficient processes
- Present clear, concise content strategies that help stakeholders make informed decisions about content. Strategies will focus on ensuring content is usable, findable, targeted by audience, aligned with best practices and business goals, and is developed with consideration of competitive analysis and research.
- Work with copywriters and editors to ensure that copy meets strategic objectives, business requirements, and digital principles
- Lead efforts to continuously improve digital content, including mining user data and research and conducting competitive assessments
- Assist with creation and maintenance of digital content guidelines, standards, tools, and processes
- Interpersonal Effectiveness : Understands oneself, effectively manages emotions, listens and communicates with respect, and builds trusting relationships.
- Customer Focus : Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
- Pursues Excellence : Seeks out learning, strives to develop and expand personally, and continuously helps others upgrade their capability to contribute to our client.
- Collaborates : Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts the client's overall success first.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of Digital experience
- Experience creating multi-channel content strategies, content matrices, and content inventories
- Ability to be flexible in a very fluid and dynamic environment – including dealing with changing processes and priorities
- Must be extremely well-organized, capable of handling multiple details simultaneously, and able to easily move between strategic and tactical work
- Familiarity with Search Engine Marketing and Optimization strategies
- Familiar with content management systems
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent information architecture skills
- Conversant and comfortable with principles of digital design, writing and editing
- Proficient with: Microsoft Office
- Experience in wellness and/or healthcare
- 3-5 years of Content strategy experience