- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Competitive w/ full benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- PJ Farnham
Position Summary/Job Description:
The SSME team, Seattle Technology Development Center (STDC) is seeking a strong QA Analyst with 8+ years’ experience in a QA role. You will be responsible for generating, maintaining, and executing quality test cases and test scripts focused on enhancing the performance and quality of various digital applications.
· Ensure the quality of all digital products by performing functional, design, copy, accessibility, cross-platform and regression testing
· Work with the Technical Manager, Project Manager and head of QA to verify all customer and business requirements and participate in sprint planning and feedback for all product releases
· Validate and troubleshoot reported bugs and clearly communicate problems and severity to appropriate development personnel
· Validate the full list of business rules and/or functional specifications documentation against the application being tested
· Document defects/issues in JIRA, including relevant brief descriptions of the issue with detailed steps to replicate
· Create test plans and manage and process bug reports per project
· Provide estimates for small or large projects including level of testing effort and hours required
· Interpret and convert feedback from non-technical staff and customer service groups into actionable items for the development team
· Attend project stand-ups and QA team check-ins to provide status updates on projects
· Advocate and implement sound beacon and application testing processes and best practices for the team
· Maintain working relationships with people in a wide variety of functional areas
· Along with the DevOps team, help in the addition and continuation of automated tools into the continuous building process system
· Stay abreast of new browsers and technologies
How much time will the resource spend pair programming?
Pair Programming will done using MS Teams and Slack. This individual would partner with the QA member already on the SSME squad to complete all task and learn responsibilities and duties.
What are the Top skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
· 5 years exp in testing mobile apps (Android, iOS)
· 7-10 years exp in integration testing
· Functional knowledge of Charles proxy / Fiddler experience (Need to know how to operate the tool)
· Previous cross platform tool experience (ReactNative, Xamarin, Flutter, etc.)
· Functional knowledge of xCode and Android Studio (Need to know how to operate the tool)
· Prior defect trending and triage experience
· Exposure to multi-platform and hardware device testing
· Familiarity with Agile methodologies
· 1+ years of QA automation (Detox, Appium, Selenium)
· Self-motivated, able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, high-stress and high-productivity environment
· Able to manage conflicting priorities effectively, including task prioritization and multitasking to manage daily workload
· Attention to detail, thoroughness, tenacity and strong organizational skills
· Knowledgeable about trends for new embedded hardware solutions, mobile devices and/or other digital applications
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to interact with technical, business, editorial and customer service groups
· Strong interest in Bluetooth and end-user applications, with an investigative drive to discover the underlying causes of technical problems
· Exposure to database-based applications, including some basic SQL queries, is a plus
· Familiarity with automated QA testing tools is a plus
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and at least 5 years of experience.
· Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and testing techniques
· Able to adapt to changes in product development as well as flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to meet testing needs.
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
· Experience testing Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) beacons and location-based technologies (geo-fencing)
· Experience monitoring & manipulating network traffic using development tools
· Exposure to testing Mobile applications (iOS and Android)
· Able to estimate, plan and execute testing cycles
· API Validation Testing
Our client is a consumer electronics retailer whose focus is to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether it be online, in-store or in the comfort of a customer's home. The company solves technology problems by addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security and most recently, health. Their roadmap for health initiatives will be transforming them into a leading Digital Heath Retailer.
Supporting this transformation, is a strong focus on customer experience, service over process and a commitment to moving from an established enterprise culture of how to get things done, to an entrepreneurial culture that is noticeable within minutes of walking into their HQ. In an industry that is always changing, the company prides themselves on being an exciting and rewarding place to work. People are empowered to be their best selves and utilize their unique talents to deliver a world-class customer experience and enrich lives through technology.
NO ONE HAS BENEFITS LIKE AQUENT! Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
This engagement qualifies for unique PTO and paid Holidays
Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching!
Weekly Direct Deposit
Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You'll be set-up for success!
Free Continued Learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
Compare our benefits to other agencies, here!
Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM