- Hoboken, New Jersey
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Megan Holstine
Our client, a top retailer, is looking for an experienced data-driven brand strategist, storyteller and marketing insights guru to partner with Sales to drive growth and excellence for a vertical/category. As the Manager of Vertical Brand Strategy for a category, you will be an expert and go-to resource for the category, leading it by connecting insights to marketing and media strategies that drive growth for their brand partners. You will own the vertical and be responsible for developing category pre-sales presentations, playbooks, case studies, as well as other marketing collateral in partnership with Sales, Analytics and Product.
Ideal candidate profile:
The ideal candidate is passionate about sales enablement, has a consultative mindset and category experience, is highly analytical and insights driven, and curious and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment. We’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways.
- Develop insights-driven, specialized vertical strategies and pre-sales pitch presentations for categories, including positioning for seasonal programs, case studies and other marketing collateral.
- Consistently deliver a balance of analytical rigor and storytelling in every single output and communication, always being prepared to convey insights and influence with a strong point of view.
- Demonstrate spirit of partnership, collaboration, and operational agility and excellence.
- Be self-motivated and highly driven.
-True partner to sales organization
- Digital experience, specifically with digital media/ads
-Fluent and comfortable with insights, data and analytics and can leverage that to construct strategies
-The ability to be both creative and analytical
-Ability to work on a very agile team in a fast paced environment with a high volume of work
- 4-6 years of experience, working cross-functionally in business consulting, advertising, media and / or marketing related fields.
- eCommerce experience
- Relevant bachelor’s degree for this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Food & Beverage or electronics experience a plus
- A balance of right brain, left brain: Being highly analytical, curious by numbers, and articulate in connecting data and insights to strategies that demonstrate creativity, and have a compelling story arc and narratives