- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Richey
We are currently seeking a Packaging Engineer with strong conceptual and engineering skills to create unique, scalable concepts that drive the future of our packaging and unboxing experience to further that mission. The Product Experience team is a collaborative group of designers, engineers, content strategists, researchers, writers, and program management—raising the bar to deliver delightful products for our customers. This is a unique opportunity to work within and partner with this team, an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronic devices, to build innovative solutions.
As a Packaging Engineer, you will be responsible for working with our US, China, and Taiwan teams throughout the design cycle, closely monitoring and driving packaging engineering initiatives and processes to develop and lock concepts that our Taiwan team will put into mass production. You will be an integral part of executing build strategies, including: DFM innovation, new product development, execution efficiency, mitigating risk, best practice, as well as a key escalation path for packaging process issues. You’ll connect the US and Asia teams to ensure effective cross-functional collaboration, including: Product Development, Global Commodity Management, Strategic Procurement, Program Management, Operations, Logistics, and Supply Chain. Your emphasis will be on helping to drive the development of packaging part manufacturing and processes towards Marketing and ID intent—bridging the gap between strategic business goals and design priorities.
• Maintain close communication with Asia and US Engineering teams to ensure effective team collaboration.
• Identify and develop packaging materials, manufacturing processes, and finishes.
• Design, prototype, and deliver scalable processes to address highly complex programs.
• Drive towards yield and cycle time targets ahead of mass production.
• Collaborate with suppliers, providing design feedback and recommendations including but not limited to features, tolerances, DFM, fixture development, etc.
• Participate in early engagement design recommendations and user testing to optimize solutions.
• Lead detailed engineering studies and provide the risk evaluation to the design team.
• Attend packaging builds; Provide reports to the engineering and core teams.
• Collaborate with Supplier Quality and support issue resolution at suppliers throughout the development cycle.
• Support Operations team ramp at mass production and sustaining as required.
• Bachelor's degree in packaging engineering or related field
• 3+ years of professional experience in a high-volume consumer electronics industry
• Experience prioritizing concurrent activities and focus to align with business and organization goals and meet evolving deadlines
• Experience working onsite with local and international manufacturers and suppliers
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Proven strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Enthusiasm for getting “hands on” with your team in collaborative environments
• Experience running packaging software such as ArtiosCAD and TOPS
• Experience in creating Engineering Bills of Materials (BOM) structure, ECO, and documentation
• Ability to identify risks, develop clear mitigation plans, and communicate effectively to executive stakeholders.
• Master’s degree
Knowledge in the following fields:
• Corrugated, paperboard, and molded pulp packaging design
• Packaging adhesives, protective films, and polybags
• Packaging process and fixture development
• Paper printing decoration and treatments
• Developing and creating test protocol and procedure
• Travel domestically and internationally as needed to Ring offices and supplier sites to collaborate and keep teams moving.
Want to work for one of the fastest growing and most admired companies in the world?
Founded in 1995 this client of Aquent’s has grown to one of the largest tech companies in the world. Driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way their customers live their lives and run their businesses. Come join them and work in a place that values innovation, creativity and leadership.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.