- Los Angeles/Remote
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- August 15, 2020
- Posted By:
- Cynthia Escalante
- Develop, produce, and deliver advanced and unique graphic design products.
- Create designs, concepts, and layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
- Design intuitive and engaging experiences that champion the user for our owned & operated web products.
- Ensure design and brand consistency is aligned with our brand requirements as well as our partners.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Actively participate across all stages of the design cycle - from wireframing and prototyping to hand-off.
- Prepare materials for offset printing, digital reproduction, multimedia publishing, and electronic distribution.
- Create and manage UI assets inclusive of graphics, icons, and illustrations.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Customize templates and techniques to produce graphics work; recommend changes to improve graphics capabilities.
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach. Demonstrated interest in new tools, technologies, and processes.
- Maintain clear and concise communication across multiple teams and quick turnaround times.
- Ability to plan, develop, and execute graphic design and design layout assignments, including reviewing and recommending changes to customer requirements and ensuring quality of products to better serve Laboratory needs.
- Advanced user of graphics software, including Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, XD).
- Ability to perform exceptionally complex, advanced and unique job functions and activities independently with little or no supervision required.
- Address extremely sensitive, high-level, and unique art and graphic design issues and problems; develops and implements solutions that are timely, cost-effective, and innovative.
- Consistently incorporates best industry practices for artistic innovation and production, including new technologies, approaches, and processes, to ensure fidelity of complex artistic and graphic deliverables.
- Has multidisciplinary and expert knowledge of and significant experience in establishing industry and/or academic practices and standards across a broad range of applications.
- Frequent use of an extremely high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation to extend the boundaries of achievement and knowledge in art and graphic design.
- Applies multidisciplinary and expert knowledge of and significant experience in fields of knowledge to provide leadership, oversight, and monitoring to products, services, and/or capabilities; provides assessment of deliverables; resolves resource issues.
- Experience with HTML a plus.
- Familiarity with science and engineering a plus.
- Portfolio demonstrating strong digital creative abilities across display, programmatic, and social media.
- Portfolio demonstrating highly efficient templates & brand systems a plus
- 5+ years significant digital design experience