- Los Angeles, California 90071 - remote
- Job Terms:
- $75-84/hour W2 + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
The Content Strategist is responsible for assessing content opportunities and recommending content strategies that meet user and business goals and deliver excellent user experiences across all channels with minimal oversight. Demonstrates full knowledge of content strategy, design and user experience best practices and can lead cross-functional teams on the development of new online and offline experiences. Content marketing strategy experience is a bonus. Works independently and with cross-functional teams on complex projects, analyses and specific tasks.
- Resource will partner with product managers, internal business stakeholders and functional teams to define content requirements and strategy that best achieve business goals.
-Requires at least 7 years of experience
- Content marketing strategy experience is a bonus
-Must be able to work independently and provide coherent content strategy POV
-Experience working as part of a collaborative cross-functional team, including front end and back end developers, with proven knowledge of digital visual design, interaction design, ADA guidelines, analytics, Agile and Waterfall.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
• Provide content leadership: from initial concepts to wireframes, briefs, content decks, editorial calendars, style guides, and ongoing messaging and content curation
• Collaborate with team and stakeholders to define creative vision and strategy
• Communicate on project objectives and deliverables
• Analyze content opportunities and recommend strategies and approaches
• Lead the creation of information architecture deliverables
• Develops clear, consistent nomenclature for tools and applications; collaborates on the creation of new systems to tag and organize content and site navigation
• Partners to define user models and interfaces for features and functionality
• Works with other departments as needed to ensure the content and messaging strategy is effectively implemented across channels
• Collaborates on the development of content style guides, content and messaging strategies, best practices and processes.
• Reviews analytics on an ongoing basis to understand user behavior to manage and shape content and messaging strategies
• Determine what topics to address when, including content marketing offerings, to support the customer at multiple points in the customer journey
• Choose the best content types (text, visuals, video)
• Identify how content varies based on customer needs and where each need arises in the customer journey
Design and Project Leadership
• Work with designers in the creation of visual comps and other deliverables and review creative with an eye toward content communication
• Assist in the management of stakeholder expectations throughout project lifecycle to ensure consistency and quality in creative deliverables
• Oversee projects and ensure content tasks are completed in a timely manner
• Assist in presentations to create buy-in for recommended strategies and solutions
• Partner with Digital and Creative team internal business stakeholders and functional teams to define content requirements and strategy that best achieve business goals.
• Collaborates with project teams on to ensure content and design meet business objectives and user needs.
• Evaluates the usability of new and existing products, and makes constructive suggestions for change
• Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions.
• Demonstrates ability to influence others.
• Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of high complexity, ambiguity and diversity.
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders.
• Demonstrates effectiveness in leading/facilitating a variety of meetings.
• Demonstrates ability to lead and manage projects within the team.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Content Strategy skills and practices, UX writing for digital channels.
• Exhibits knowledge in current and possible future content and digital and marketing trends and technology.
• Experience working on content marketing strategy and execution
• Experience working as part of a collaborative cross-functional team, including front end and back end developers, with proven knowledge of digital visual design, interaction design, ADA guidelines, analytics, SDLC, Agile and Waterfall