- Sunnyvale, California
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Megan Holstine
As a Senior Product Designer we need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative within the Customer Experience of our client's Mexico Division. You will transform complex tasks into easy to use designs for our millions of customers around the world. Specifically, your assignment is to apply your deep knowledge of user experience design (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) to our core shopping experience to deeply empathize with the customer. You will liaise within cross-functional partnerships across Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom to create delightful and effective eCommerce experiences across multiple platforms. The right fit is someone who is an advanced creative and strategic designer, passionate for building in the e-commerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
The right fit is someone who is an advanced creative and strategic designer, passionate for building in the e-commerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
• Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces
• Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts
• Make design decisions based on good judgment, experience, research, and data
• Have a real impact at scale through new product launches and incremental improvements that affect billions of our customers every day
• Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer-centered experience
What You'll Need
• A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both businessrequirements and customer needs.
• Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
• Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
• Excellent grasp of the design thinking and process including Product/Interaction/Visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
• Ability to manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business
• Expert communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Expert partnering with cross-functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior UX designer or equivalent practical experience
• Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS, and Android
• Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce
• Bachelor’s in Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.