- Sunnyvale, California
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Megan Holstine
As a Design Program Manager within the Design organization (which includes ux/ui design, visual design, content strategy, user research, design technology, design ops) at Walmart, you’ll be embedded within the Grocery product design team to manage complex, multi-disciplinary programs. You’ll be responsible for crafting, championing, and implementing processes to help the design team build high-impact experiences across a range of touch points. You’ll leverage deep application/platform knowledge, in combination with business and project management domain expertise, to drive successful delivery. You are comfortable communicating on behalf of your team to manage expectations, scope new projects, inspire collaboration, escalate risks, and report on performance.
• Build, manage, and/or identify operational improvements to creative workflows in order to deliver high-quality products and features through the project lifecycle while delivering on goals and objectives and user experience value.
• Lead or collaborate with Design team leadership in key project decision-making, including: requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and approval processes.
• Partner with Product Managers, Engineering, Design Managers, Staff Design, Research, and Content to maintain the team’s program schedule that consolidates individual project track plans, reflects cross-track dependencies, and eliminates redundancies among the tracks.
• Manage program risks and drive issue resolution as it relates to meeting the overall schedule and quality commitments.
• Build strong relationships with design team in delivering work in a way that builds trust with engineering, product management and executives.
• Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams
• Proactively contribute best practices, tips, and templates to shared User Experience Design resources.
• Direct the evolution of the team’s process through continuous risk and optimization assessments.
• Clearly identify, explain, and communicate progress, status, expectations, dependencies and risks to executives, business stakeholders and team members.
• Facilitate team onboarding for new hires and rotations.
• Own and manage team documentation, including team sites, status, and other centralized resources.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Excellent understanding of product design, software or digital development, and brand strategy
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant consulting, agency, or industry related program management experience.
• Experience working with design teams, deep understanding of the product design process from generative research through concept ideation, detail design, scrum design and visual quality assurance.
• Proven experience improving team productivity and creating efficiencies.
• Ability to distinguish critical from non-critical issues and set teams focus and priorities accordingly.
• Ability to organize cross-functional activities into a complete plan, recognizing interdependencies, and establishing framework for the team to build out the plan and mentoring the execution of that plan.
• Ability to handle ambiguity, setting goals and effectively delivering to them in very fast changing environment.
• Ability to see the forest for the trees.
• Ability to manage up, down and sideways.