- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennie Brandon
The Business Affairs Manager will help oversee digital, broadcast, and industrial projects. This person is a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and able to work in a fast paced creative environment.
- Contract Negotiation
- Rights and Clearance
- Talent Expert
- Review creative materials and advise team on talent, copyright, and intellectual property issues and advise on next steps.
- Trademark searches for proposed branding, taglines, signage, design etc.
- Manage intellectual property rights and clearance acquisitions.
- Negotiate and oversee the creation of celebrity and over scale agreements
- Work with legal counsel on issues including updating releases, contract templates, risk assessment, and indemnifications
- Work with network broadcast standards departments for spot clearance
Talent and Music:
- Participate in project scoping discussions, providing Producers and Client teams with accurate estimates for talent session fees, usage, residuals, and all other talent and music related costs of production
- Advise company on union rules, regulations, and best practices.
- Issue talent contracts, session report,s and final casts. Oversee agreements for session, holding fees, usage, and renegotiations in compliance with SAG/AFTRA/ACTRA and AFofM guidelines.
- Evaluate and manage union claims, audits or reporting requests
- Create and negotiate music vendor agreements
- Issue talent agreements and foreign talent contracts
- Process and Project Management:
- Provide ongoing Agency training for Business Affairs process and legalese
- Works with Producers to coordinate spot trafficking.
Skills and Required Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 + years relevant industry experience (Agency experience is a must)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills - articulates ideas well, is concise, and communicates in ways that build rapport.
- Proficient contract administration and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of talent union contracts
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.