- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
Ths position can be remote until safe to go into the office in Mettawa. Only Chicago Metro area candidates will be considered.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting the Communications Department’s regular initiatives, internal communications, corporate social responsibility initiatives and other activities aligned with the Annual Communications Plan.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supports communications campaigns for the company from writing content to project managing campaigns
2. Writes, gathers information of activities, carries out simple interviews when required, and follows-up to assure timely publication.
3. Assists with the coordination and development of the annual corporate social responsibility activities, events, Town Halls
4. Collaborates in the organization of the Department’s meetings, events and presentations.
5. Writes for and manages communications campaigns
6. Works in Sharepoint and Asana
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business and/or related business/health area is required.
• Strong Communications Writing Experience
• 5 years minimum in Communications or related field with strong skills in writing, editing, project/event management and employee communications
• Experienced working with deadlines and multi-tasking
• Ability to work with deadlines and multi-tasking
1. Experience in creating and executing target communications
2. Experience in managing multiple projects to deadline
3. Strong writing and editing skills
4. Adobe creative skills,
5. Experience using Microsoft teams and office 365, Asana, word planner
• Good interpersonal skills
• Discreet and able to handle confidential information.
• Able to handle multiple priorities and deliver good results.