- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Max of $58/hr (DOE)
- Start date:
- Early August
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
Aquent's client, a large multi-national services company headquarteredin NYC, seeks a Senior UX Researcher for a 6+ month assignment (full time hours, W2, with potential to extend or convert to a perm role).
Location: Seeking candidates currently local / commutable to NYC, but this person can work from home for the next several months.
Our client's Enterprise Digital Apply & Activate Experience team is ramping up its research and design practice to meet its members' ever evolving digital needs. We are looking for a User Experience Researcher to join this User Experience Research (UXR) team.
What you'll bring:
That right candidate will have a deep knowledge of user experience research and testing, Design Thinking, and a proven track record of successfully consulting and partnering with Digital Product Owners, Designers, and business stakeholders. This will be a contract position, reporting to the Director of User Experience Research.
What you'll do:
• Collaborate with Product Managers/Product Owners and Designers to determine their insight needs, make appropriate recommendations, and craft research plans that align with the product roadmap, educating on best practices as necessary.
• Manage user experience research and usability testing projects for consumer facing products during all phases of design and development, across multiple markets/countries alongside Director of Research and other researchers on the team
• Moderate and facilitate insights gathering for research studies
• Build quality screeners and own recruitment for studies
• 3rd party vendor, project and budget management: Working in a hybrid model, where research may be undertaken in partnership with a vendor or delivered entirely by a 3rd party, but managed by you.
• Synthesize learnings across projects, integrating with other functions like Analytics and New Accounts Servicing, and drive socialization of findings. Assist in creation of a centralized insights repository – own insights delivery for research projects you are responsible for
• Contribute to continuous improvement of UXR practice and research techniques.
• Work within a matrix environment, building strong relationships with your partners across multiple business units, managing and escalating as appropriate to drive projects to a successful conclusion.
• Drive the development and maturity of new but growing team, helping build the foundations of the practice within the department, assisting colleagues as necessary.
• Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and relationship-building skills; ability to find the balance between confidence and humility
• 4+ years of UX Research experience with consumer facing digital products, websites and mobile experiences
• Excellent consultation skills, with proven experience in identifying research needs, matching those needs to research methods, and aligning approach with overall product/business strategy.
• Experience conducting research using a range of qualitative and quantitative methods and related tools, e.g. usability testing, remote testing, and focus groups.
• Track record of delivering a regular, rapid program of work to support iterative product development, e.g. usability testing: moderation, screener and test plan creation, debriefing, facilitation, and presentation of results and recommendations – either directly, or in partnership with vendors preferred.
• Ability to synthesize multiple insights to arrive at recommendations that deliver customer-focused outcomes for the organization, and communicate them effectively to Product Owners and Designers.
• Can demonstrate experience adapting to change, and be able to hit the ground running, managing multiple projects to tight deadlines, according to demands on the team.
• Track record of mentoring/coaching more junior members of the team to upskill the team overall.