- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Megan Holstine
Job Title: Copywriter (EU Market)
Job Location: Salt Lake City
Firm, non-negotiable: No
Duration: asap- Dec. 31. 2020 * could extend
We are looking for an exceptional, digital-savvy, strategic and creative communications professional that, in line with business objectives, will manage content strategy and produce informative, educational, and inspiring content for our clients European market division by supporting the brand and breeding customer loyalty.
Although this is a role mainly focused on the US market, the person that we are looking for will help to support the global content strategy and will be responsible
for global projects and requests.
Fluent in English (Native), other EU languages a plus. Exceptional copywriting, proofreading and editing skills. Experience in video script writing. Portfolio required demonstrating work samples in copywriting.
Remote based currently. Talent residing the the San Jose/ SF market please. As when restrictions are lifted offices located in the the San Jose area.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Create editorial content for the brand and the US Seller Center, email newsletters, video scripts, marketing campaigns
and other communications.
• Understand and implement eBay tone of voice and branding guidelines; follow industry and best practice writing
• Source design assets and maintain an awareness of visual assets for various eBay channels.
• Build content in Drupal, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and bespoke content management systems.
• Guide content through approval processes.
• Manage sensitive content.
Planning, Support and Management
• Review performance of content in Google Analytics and other reporting tools, with a view to increasing its
• Plan and schedule daily/weekly content in collaboration with business stakeholders.
• Disseminate knowledge of eBay content guidelines to internal and external clients.
• Foster, manage and maintain close relationships with Content Managers, Language Specialists, Business Managers,
Product and Legal.
Request Qualification Form
• Willing to travel occasionally to our EU offices. ( when restrictions are lifted)
• Minimum 5 years related experience.
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant field: journalism, languages, communications, multimedia or marketing.
• Fluent in English (Native), other EU languages a plus.
• Exceptional copywriting, proofreading and editing skills.
• Experience in video script writing.
• Ability to work independently and proactively contribute to the wider global content team.
• Demonstrable experience of producing multi-channel content to weekly and monthly schedules.
• Demonstrable passion for and interest in e-commerce and digital media.
• Ability to translate complex product features into clear, benefits-led and user-focused content solutions.
• Ability to define success of goals and objectives using data and statistical analysis.
• Approachable, collaborative, determined and creative problem-solving mindset.
• Willing to take ownership and make sure things get done.
• Flexible and able to adapt to the various styles of co-workers as well as to changing deadlines.
• Hands-on experience of working with content and asset management systems to input, manage and update
WRITING SAMPLES NEEDED IN RESUMES