- Client is in NY - work can be done remotely
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Christina Clark
Our client, a leading Health Services company, is looking for a Senior Service Designer to join their Data & Analytics organization. In this role, you’ll be a key member of the innovation and machine learning lab, solving complicated problems through simple designs. You’ll contribute to the product strategy, design culture, and build meaningful tools to improve insurance and healthcare for millions of people.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design for both the target user’s experience and the company’s ability to implement and scale.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements, documentation and presentations.
- Serve as an advisor to the greater Data & Analytics team in developing services to leverage data and improve healthcare.
- Distill business, customer, and partner constraints into digestible components for the design team.
- Instill project teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting partner deadlines
- Be collaborative. Contribute to healthy team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
Prior knowledge of and familiarity with industry acronyms is a plus.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired Candidates will bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a design consultancy or inhouse design team
- Proven designs and experience of launched services that have been implemented in the real world
- Deep expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline (Systems Design, Business Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
- Experience crafting a project vision, execution strategy and client relationship
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to starting.