- Los Angeles, California 90071
- Job Terms:
- $45-65/hour W2 + benefits (DOE)
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
We are seeking a Digital Product Manager for a top financial services and investment organization in downtown Los Angeles. This role will start remotely and then be onsite in DTLA once COVID-19 permits.
The Product Manager will be responsible for maintaining, managing and leading capabilities on the advisors’ website. The Digital Product Manager - this is different from a project manager and business analyst.
As the Digital Product Manager you will be responsible for engaging with partners in the business, technology and delivery teams to design user experiences and solutions leading to the development of digital capabilities that drive business performance and improved client loyalty. The Product Manager MUST have experience from an enterprise financial services, wealth management or investment organization.
Digital Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Interface with analytics team to understand how users using the websites
- Work with audiences & advisors to understand they need when they come to the website and then translate that vision to IT teams
- Interface with the Scrum Master & tech lead
- Write user stories, writing out epic stories and roadmaps
- This role will be more at the requirements level not implementation level
- Once IT implements then you will validate those changes and check before it goes out to the advisors
- You will drive the vision, set the vision, and drive towards the execution of that vision
Must have skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Digital (Web, Mobile, other channels) and/or User Experience
- 5-8 years of overall experience, with 3+ years in Financial Services
- Financial services industry experience
- Prior experience with wealth & asset management
- MUST have experience as a Digital Product Manager, owning a product from end to end
- Must have experience creating roadmaps and executing on them with tangible client facing initiatives
- Must have experience in working with business stakeholders and with IT to deliver a web/mobile solutions
- At least 5 years’ knowledge and experience working in Digital channels
- Understanding of financial lingo that is used by financial advisors and wealth managers
- Experience defining and developing vision of digital products - web applications and mobile applications
- Extensive experience writing roadmaps, user stories and working closely with Information Technology teams
- Analytical skills, creative thinking skills and a good thinker who is passionate about creating great products
- Jira, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics
What will you be expected to accomplish in the first 30 days?
- Understanding the team and the product itself, time with the analytics team and technology team, ramp up to speed on what the team is trying to accomplish.
- This is the role of a leader. We want someone who is comfortable and excited to be the driver of the business creating different experiences of the business. If you get excited about creating deeper engagement on the website, creating cool products and capabilities.
Digital Product Manager Additional Responsibilities:
- Owns business process knowledge, product roadmap implementation and analysis of user engagement with Investment Research and Investment Tools
- Identifies product opportunities/enhancements for deeper/better user engagement and efficiencies for the Advisor website that are valuable, usable, and feasible
- Facilitates and coordinates implementation of the product roadmap with stakeholders, team members and audience members
- Develops deep customer insights and business knowledge and expertise and continuously deepens that knowledge to envision opportunities that are valuable
- Works with user experience and technology teams to implement products that are usable and can be socialized and concept tested with audience members
- Details new features, tools, experiences in collaboration with internal and external partners. Responsible for delivery of all work within the Advisor team, and supporting partners
- Regularly reviews (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) performance of owned areas via analytics and VOC to optimize and improve performance. Leverages testing strategies (A/B and MVT) to improve performance
- Works regularly with appropriate business and marketing partners to review web usage and performance and ensure alignment with key business priorities
- Responsible for monitoring performance, optimization, and freshness/relevance/usefulness of assets to maximize impact, increasing engagement and leads
- Collaborates with other Web Leads to develop and socialize roadmap, comprehensive release plan and key initiatives broadly with teams
- As needed, works within content management tools to schedule, monitor, and optimize engagement across audiences, Investment Research and Investment Tools
- Supports the implementation of an overall digital vision and strategy through online learning and research, and the ongoing development of subject matter expertise
- Researches, monitors and analyzes emerging online topics and trends to assess and make recommendations on the future direction of Investment Research and Investment Tools
- Communicates complex research insights and presents summary findings to appropriate stakeholders and team members