- Boston, MA OR Cumberland, RI
- Job Terms:
- competitive hourly + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jamie Moshier
**Must be located in Boston, MA or Rhode Island to be considered**
UX writing samples will be needed
Remote based until restrictions lifted, but this talent will have to be located in Boston or Rhode Island.
Hiring a UX Writer & Content Strategist with 5-10 years or more years of experience (6+preferred) in UX writing and strategy, with experience working with cross-functional teams (IT, Product, Research, etc).along with a minimum of 3 years of experience with mobile microcopy and transactional messaging such as emails, text messages and push notifications. Sketch and/or InVision is preferred.
Note* This UX writer can sit either in the Boston, MA location OR Cumberland RI location.
To be successful in this role, you need to explain complex concepts and solve business challenges while being an advocate of the user. Your content strategies will leverage best practices, user feedback and research, brand direction, and accessibility standards research to develop intelligently, interactive messaging and content. You have experience writing for multiple channels and devices, and good ideas on how best to serve these different contexts. You know how to collaborate with designers and product managers to optimize content throughout the product life cycle. Finally, you exhibit impeccable communication skills that ensure efficient collaboration with your team and stakeholders.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: List the top four or five primary responsibilities of the position in the space provided below, indicating the most important functions first and the approximate percentage of time spent on each.
Responsibilities % Time
1. Assess content needs and deliver screen copy, accessibility text, emails, SMS, and other copy on a project basis. Ensure that all content meets brand and accessibility standards. Partner with product managers in obtaining legal and compliance approval as needed. 65%
2. Participate in story grooming and pointing, sprint planning and retrospectives to ensure features are user-centered and team allots sufficient time for UX work. 15%
3. Help to enhance style guide and participate in content governance activities across the enterprise to ensure consistent customer experience and messaging across channels and business units. 10%
4. Plan for content implementation and associated technical requirements, such as variable content, content management, and incorporating data elements. 5%
5. Collaborate with other XDO team members and business partners to test and optimize user experience and content. 5%
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree Preferred: Degree in English, communications, journalism or similar area.
1. Minimum of 3 years of experience (6+preferred) in UX writing, with experience working with cross-functional teams (IT, Product, Research, etc).
2. A minimum of 3 years of experience with mobile micro copy and transactional messaging such as emails, text messages, and push notifications.
1. Experience using Sketch and/or InVision.
2. Experience or exposure to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) accessibility and writing for grade level and other regulatory constraints.
3. Experience with agile and lean software development practices is highly preferred.
4. Experience with enterprise content management systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, ATG, Nuxeo, Oracle or other is preferred.
This client is a fantastic consideration for those who want to combine working with a large retail brand and a true “do-good”, customer-centric focus. Most people we’ve placed here say the company’s loyalty to and personalization within the healthcare services industry is a standout characteristic. Their approach to this way of thinking about their business and the industry is having a direct impact on the size of the teams, and we’re seeing massive growth. What a time to get involved!
Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees