- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Bernard Grimes
Services To Be Performed:
The Senior Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within the company, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task and a proven record of driving category growth. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
The successful SVM will be able to:
- Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned vendors, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding, and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Maximize business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
- Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Business, or Management
- 5+ years of relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven track record of delivering results
- 5+ years’ experience in negotiations and vendor management specifically in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) industry
- MBA with relevant business experience
- Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
- Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
- Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
Want to work for one of the fastest growing and most admired companies in the world?
Founded in 1995 this client of Aquent’s has grown to one of the largest tech companies in the world. Driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way their customers live their lives and run their businesses. Come join them and work in a place that values innovation, creativity and leadership.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.