- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Writer position supporting a top tech company. Role requires experience with brand writing and advertising campains. This is a full-time, hourly position with great benefits that include well-subsidized healthcare and 401K and more.
Our team is made up of marketers, copywriters, designers, web developers, and strategists. Together we help millions of small businesses learn how to use social media apps and services to grow and be successful. This role will assist in the concepting, writing, and delivery of company marketing materials, including webpages, emails, ads, video ads, and more. To do well in this role, you’ll need to easily work across multiple marketing disciplines and with cross-functional teams. You’ll need to understand the small business audience and bring that understanding to bear in your writing. Finally you’ll need to work quickly and on deadline, and have the flexibility to pivot and adjust when plans shift.
- Concept and write advertising and marketing materials, including web (mobile and desktop), email, ads, video ads, print, and more.
- Participate in brainstorms and design thinking sessions to create concepts for marketing campaigns.
- Proofread and edit copy from other marketing managers and copywriters.
- Periodically review existing materials and propose updates.
- Work with a marketing manager to present strategies, concepts, and creative ideas across the organization.
- Elevate the overall team’s skills and expertise by sharing industry knowledge and best practices.
- 5+ years experience writing advertising, brand, or marketing content.
- The ability to write in clear, concise prose for a non-technical, inexperienced small business audience.
- Experience running and/or participating in brainstorms and design thinking ideation sessions.
- Experience overseeing ideas from inception to launch.
- Comfort taking feedback and input and coming up with solutions that maintain the integrity of the ideas.
- Ability to consider and weigh content strategies, landing page optimization, product needs, and more when writing marketing content.
- Ability to independently and proactively seek out answers and unblock obstacles.
- Strong process and project management skills with successful experience influencing and working on cross-functional teams
- Familiarity or first-hand experience with small business challenges and needs.
Additionally Noted Skills:
- Digital advertisement, small business, sales enablement, content marketing, demand generation, and customer marketing
- Writing samples or portfolio link.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background or equivalent experience.
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.