- Pawtucket, RI
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Meghan Healy
Our Leading Toys & Game client is looking for a Brand Writer!
This talented writer will work in partnership with Brand Design and Marketing to produce clear, persuasive copy for toy and game product packages, instructions, e-commerce copy, ads, and supporting collateral.
The successful Brand Writer will possess an established talent for creative writing, including the ability to name products and develop signature styles that capture and define the essence of our brands. This writer must be capable of writing in a wide range of styles and of managing numerous concurrent projects at different phases of development.
In addition to advanced writing skills, this writer must also possess strong presentation and interpersonal skills. This position demands someone who can not only write creatively, but who can think creatively—someone prepared to contribute on-target ideas to multiple brand development teams.
(70%) Write copy for packages, instructions, web descriptions, ads, and supporting collateral:
• Generate product and brand names and taglines
• Write shopper-friendly e-commerce copy that adheres to SEO best practices
• Assist in the development of easily communicable gameplay with the Brand Design team
• Research relevant product and competitive information
• Leverage consumer insights gained through product testing to continually improve the impact of output
• Present work and obtain Marketing approvals
• Track multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Monitor legal, licensor, and regulatory requirements
• Collaborate with the global editorial team
• Update copy documents on group servers
(30%) Collaborate with product development teams, which includes:
• Initiate and attend team meetings, product kick-offs, approval meetings, and status meetings
• Work closely with Marketing, Graphic Design, Product Design, Engineering, Legal, Quality Assurance, and Global Adaptations to understand product features and positioning and to contribute to brand development
• BA in English, Writing, Journalism, or equivalent related experience required.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in creating/editing consumer-targeted written materials for well-known brands.
• Demonstrated command of all aspects of creative writing, including the ability to name products and write against a defined brand strategy.
• Capable of writing in a range of styles and in managing numerous concurrent projects at different phases of development.
• Demonstrated creative and technical writing talent
• Knowledge of communication strategies
• Experience writing for e-commerce
• Understanding of SEO and algorithmic search function
• Versatile in understanding strategic points of difference of product page fundamentals, include product title, feature bullets, product description, and A+ content
• Ability to maximize use of required keywords in an organic, creative, and shopper-friendly tone
• Ability to pair appropriate words with visual elements
• Ability to think quickly and adjust to changing circumstances
• Flexibility to work independently or collaboratively
• Proven time/project management ability
• Excellent attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
• Confidence, resilience, and a positive attitude
Our Client is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play and Entertainment Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, they offer a variety of ways for audiences to experience their iconic brands.
NO ONE HAS BENEFITS LIKE AQUENT! Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching!
Weekly Direct Deposit
Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You'll be set-up for success!
Free continued learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
Compare our benefits to other agencies, here!
Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM