- San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Megan Holstine
Our client, a dynamic, high-performing, growing team responsible for front-end customer experience and product and tools management for their e-commerce channel. They pride themselves on flawless execution in an environment of omni-channel, growth-oriented change. They collaborate with the Digital Merchandising, Ecom Operations, Sample and Photo Studio teams to produce a best-in-class online shopping experience visited by almost a million people each day.
A dedicated, motivated individual to support them in the Assistant Merchant Coordinator role, focusing on product pipeline (getting product to site), executing marketing initiatives, quality assurance, and special projects. In this role, you’ll be a key member of the Merchant Coordinator team, supporting the Digital Merchandising, Marketing Production and Ecom Ops needs of the website. You’ll become an expert in utilizing and navigating our product-to-site pipeline, our product management tools, as well as managing a substantial volume of executional tasks within a fast-paced environment. This role operates within a high-visibility space, with flawless execution always top of mind.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assisting with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site with intuitive category navigation. Help facilitate a clear and accurate product details page.
• Support Digital Merchandising team’s in-season business responsiveness with changes to categories, styles or style/color display and sort orders.
• Responsible for various website testing and QA including: promotional code set-up, web checkout, linking QA, and ensuring the correct promo messaging is reflected in content, always keeping the customer POV top of mind.
• Liaising with Digital Merchandising, Marketing Production partners and fellow Merchant Coordinators to update and troubleshoot products tied to promotional events
• Ensuring accuracy and high-quality work across the site, with an understanding of its impact on the customer experience.
• Troubleshooting problems and influencing resolution across functions. Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail-oriented.
• Escalating issues and recommendations with an appropriate level of urgency.
• Opening daily tickets to inform Technology teams of emerging business needs.
• Communicating best practices, following up on status-updates and bugs and giving tool design feedback.
A clear communicator with a laser focus on the details. You don't wait to be told what to do next, because you've already identified it. You feel comfortable learning new web tools and interfaces. You believe in process and have developed a few yourself. You have a strong aesthetic eye and know a thing or two about the customer “buy path”.
At minimum, you have:
• 1+ year of ecommerce, retail or merchandising experience.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with some project management experience.
• An eagerness to learn how the “machine” is run!
• Experience with or prior exposure to content management systems
• Strong computer skills, in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
• A Bachelors' degree
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.