- Vancouver, BC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Althea Ochoa
This leading game studio, largely known for their popular third-person shooter game franchise, is immediately seeking a passionate and driven individual to join the Live Operations team and provide specialized support for their experiences. This role will support the Online Team in maintaining the day to day operational health of their applications and infrastructure for the delivery of their online experience to end users. In the event of an operational issue, the Support Specialist will be responsible for responding to and performing initial incident investigation in a timely fashion. This will involve working in tandem with both internal and external groups to see issues to resolution.
- Capture and entry of operational issues in the Ops Issue Management System
- Communicate with partners on issue investigation status and incident resolution
- Use various tools to perform incident investigation and to help determine root cause
- Communicate findings to Online Team and update information in the Issue Management System
- Document commonly encountered issues and their resolutions
- Review error reports and investigate cause for most common errors for each application
- Help facilitate the scheduling, review, and deployment of application updates
- Maintain operational equipment and monitoring infrastructure to ensure all systems are operational and ready for troubleshooting.
- Identify opportunities to streamline operations, optimize support efforts, and improve incident handling processes
- Methodical, self-starter, proactive attitude
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Well organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to stay focused in a high-pressure, team environment
- 1 year of working in a service desk environment ideally supporting a client or web application
- Ability to write detailed and accurate descriptions of complex issues, reproduction steps, and resolutions
- Familiarity with investigative tools such as Splunk, Elastic Search, Fiddler, and Wireshark
- Capable of constructing data queries and performing data analysis is essential
- Experience working with complex enterprise systems, networks, and services
- Experience with various programming, query, and scripting languages would be an asset
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays on a regular basis
About The Game Studio Division
The game studio is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for their third-person shooter game franchise. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
Our client is a large technology company based in Vancouver, BC with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.