- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
Aquent's Client is looking for a Communications Manager to support multiple product teams and manage a variety of features that allow everyday people, public figures, brands, businesses, and organizations to connect with each other.
This person will be responsible for working closely with the product teams to amplify global product launches and innovations, and devising and executing ongoing campaigns that tell the story of this work. Strategic, flexible, creative, and resourceful communicators who are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously will be successful.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of product, consumer, and entertainment-focused PR experience, and the ability to devise strategic campaigns and execute on them independently. The position requires a passion for Facebook and consumer tech products, an ability to work cross-functionally and lead proactive and reactive communications programs with tangible results. The ideal candidate has excellent media relations and organizational skills.
- Refine and manage company narratives that shed light on the work being done to give public figures, organizations, and brands easier ways to connect with their fans on social media
- Enhance awareness of the company's work in and among tech, consumer, and entertainment industry-focused media
- Conceptualize and execute creative PR campaigns-- both for new feature and product launches and ongoing campaigns to further evergreen company narratives
- Work cross-functionally with Corporate, Internal, International, Monetization, Product, Partnerships, and Policy and Communications teams to consult on and bring to market new product and feature concepts
- Organize press briefings, media sessions and events, often with little oversight or guidance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, or related field
- 7+ years of work experience in Public Relations, a PR agency or in-house, at a consumer goods or services company
- Knowledge of technology media landscape and common media trends and issues
- Experience developing media campaigns for product launches or feature updates
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.