- Boston, MA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
** APPLICANTS MUST HAVE EXPERINCE WITH DESIGN TEAMS***
Job Title: Design Program Manager - Security
Job Location: Boston, MA
Salary/Pay Rate: DOE
Firm, non-negotiable: No
Duration: Temp to Perm (6 months - 12 months, conversion if a good fit)
Our Fortune 10 Healthcare client is seeing a UX Designer with a solid research background to join their Security team!!
As a Design Program Manager within the Digital Design Operations team, you will be part of a growing team of digital innovators and user experience professionals who help people manage their health by researching, designing, and building experiences that improve their access to health care. Digital is a highly energetic and collaborative team that operates as a startup within the enterprise.
The Design Program Manager is essential to ensuring that the Product Design team has the right people and processes in place to support agile release trains and teams within the Health Cloud portfolio. The DPM is a primary point of contact to multiple design teams: collaborating with design and product management leadership, understanding and negotiating overall priority of work for those teams, and supporting teams' agile transformation process. A great candidate will understand how to work within an agile framework (preferably SAFe) and will approach the role with a healthy dose of flexibility and adaptability to apply that framework for a creative discipline.
By supporting the operational aspects of the design team, the DPM enables designers to focus their time on designing products that help our users on their path to better health.
• Facilitate discussions and decisions needed to intake, prioritize, and sequence work for the agile design teams. Be a voice & champion of the consumer by advocating for the growth of the digital platform's user experience in an orderly way.
• Partner with Product and Engineering to coordinate the design needs of the organization in partnership with the creative director and other design leadership.
• Collaborate with design leadership to proactively manage team assignments as well as overall operational structure as the design organization scales.
• Collaborate with design leads and managers as well as product management and engineering partners (PMs, product owners, scrum masters) to identify dependencies on design deliverables and expected timelines for design work within each quarter. Publicize and communicate design delivery expectations and keep all parties informed of any changes.
• Partner with product and business teams to ensure the design team is engaged appropriately on new feature requests.
• Attend release train syncs to report progress towards team objectives and identify changes in priority and delivery dates.
• Help drive the design team to success by working across teams to coordinate & track design stories in an agile software development life cycle. Ensure internal product stakeholders needs and expectations are met and promote transparency by working with SAFe/scrum practices.
• Facilitate continuous grooming activities to intake, map, and plan work for the design team, which is made up of several disciplines (UX, UI, content, research, accessibility).
• Assist the Design Producers or teams without a Design Producer by facilitating or participating in team ceremonies such as sprint planning, work review/demo, and team retrospectives.
• Practice servant leadership, participating in inspect and adapt sessions, solving problems, removing blockers, and otherwise protecting the designers’ time and space to do their work well while collaborating with product, engineering, architecture and other teams.
• Work with design leadership, operations, and team members to define and refine design and agile practices and processes, and coach teams on best practice in following the workflow and frameworks.
• 5+ years of experience leading program management efforts within enterprise scale organizations, preferably those that have dedicated UX or design teams.
• 3+ years experience with project management or agile methodologies and working effectively and efficiently in a high-matrix organization.
• Skilled in stakeholder management with various types of people including leadership, product management, and user experience professionals (creative directors, UX designers, product/visual designers, copywriters, researchers).
• Effective at team communication, proactive problem solving, information gathering.
• 3+ years experience with Agile/Scrum practices.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully planning and managing UX deliverables with lots of moving parts from start to finish.
• Familiarity with common UX design, front end development, and accessibility tools and processes
• Experience in health care or other highly regulated fields
• Knowledge of or certification in SAFe is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy