- Boston, MA
- Job Terms:
- Competitive w/ full benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Job Title: Accessibility Engineer - QA
Job Location: Boston, MA or Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Salary/Pay Rate: Competitive w/ full benefits
Firm, non-negotiable: No
Duration: Temp to Perm (6 months - 12 months, conversion if a good fit)
Our Fortune 10 Healthcare client is seeing a Accessibility Engineer - QA to join their Accessibility team!
A11y Specialist – QA. is responsible for supporting and equipping our Product Design and Engineering teams to ensure successful delivery of our accessible digital products. This person will be supporting all aspects of integrating accessibility into design and deployment:
• Partner with Accessibility Design team in building A11y into Product Design by:
o helping understand how users experience products using Assistive Technology
o participating in and contribute in Accessible Design Decisions
o identifying how design intent affects A11y AC (Acceptance Criteria)
• Partner with Engineering teams during development ensuring A11y AC is being met by:
o ensuring feature functionality has A11y AC written / available
o helping engineers understand the A11y AC.
o answering technical how-to questions for A11y in Web, IOS & Android development.
o helping engineers test and validate A11y AC.
• Support 3rd-Party Audits by:
o reviewing 3rd-Party findings, test results
o re-test, verify reported findings if reported issue is questionable
o create A11y user stories, defects for A11y findings
o help triage, prioritize A11y issues with product and provide A11y context, guidance on how to remediate A11y findings.
• Analyze validation test results looking for
o training opportunities
o engineering methods needing correction
o components needing a11y refinements
o processes lacking appropriate a11y support.
• Attend relevant stand-ups and status meetings.
• Bring a depth of development and technical knowledge that complements and strengthens a culture beginning to apply a11y practices in design, engineering and QA.
• Apply accessibility knowledge to a wide range of client digital properties including but not limited to responsive websites, mobile applications, hybrids and digital documents.
• Stay up-to-date on current and existing trends in the accessibility space.
• Partner with Design A11y, Design System teams and Engineering A11y Leads to develop, promote the adoption and integration of accessibility policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ability to think from an end-user perspective
• Commitment to meeting high expectations of end users
• Solid experience testing with all common screen readers (JAWS, NVDA, MAC/IOS VoiceOver, TalkBack), keyboard only, and other assistive technology.
• Ability to interpret and advise on standards, principles and techniques for meeting accessibility success criteria (including WCAG 2.0 AA, WCAG 2.1 AA, and WAI-ARIA)
• Ability to partner with various cross-functional teams for direction and consistency
• Providing leadership when necessary
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Familiarity with Responsive Web Design and mobile apps
• Fluency in the software development lifecycle
• Strong understanding of supporting products in a SAFe environment specifically how current/future work is scheduled to come through planning, design, engineering and 3rd-party validation efforts
• Knowledge of Rally, Teams, Confluence and other cooperation tools
• Ability to train and coach colleagues on various accessibility topics
• Ability to promote and share the importance of accessibility
• Understanding the overlap between user experience and accessibility
• Ability to analyze (Android, iOS, web) code and employ problem-solving skills to recommend best solution
• Knowledge of mobile accessibility best practices on Android and iOS
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy