- Boston, MA
- Job Terms:
- Up to $65/hr DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Job Title: Product Designer
Job Location: Boston
Salary/Pay Rate: Up to $65/hr DOE
Firm, non-negotiable: No
Duration: Temp to Perm (6 months - 12 months, conversion if a good fit)
Our Fortune 10 Healthcare client is seeing a Product Designer to join team!
As a UX Designer, you will be part of a growing team of digital innovators and user experience professionals that want to make an impact and help people manage their health by designing experiences that meet user goals and exceed expectations. Your empathy for people—customers, patients, caregivers—informs your decisions; your entrepreneurial spirit makes you the ultimate problem solver; your creativity leads you beyond tired constraints and inspires others, and your passion for technology and design connects you to the universe of innovation around us and can only be matched by your desire to deliver great user experiences.
Who we’re looking for?
In order to be successful in this role, you need to be a well-rounded UX designer, who can solve complex business challenges while being an advocate of the user. You are able to conduct user interviews and leverage various methods to uncover user needs. In addition to producing wire-frames, you are able to craft visual designs that follow our Brand guidelines and design system. You understand the importance of UX copy and how it can impact an experience. You also know when to pull in experts (visual designers, copywriters, researchers, etc) at the right time to supplement your skillset. Finally, you exhibit impeccable communication skills that you leverage to ensure smooth and efficient collaboration with your other team members and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in UX design, with experience working with cross-functional teams (IT, Product, Research, etc.).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience (or expert proficiency) in Sketch and InVision.
- well-rounded UX designer who can solve complex business challenges while being an advocate of the user.
- able to conduct user interviews and leverage various methods to uncover user needs.
- In addition to producing wire-frames, you are able to craft visual designs that follow our Brand guidelines and design system.
- You understand the importance of UX copy and how it can impact an experience.
- You exhibit impeccable communication skills that you leverage to ensure smooth and efficient collaboration with your other team members and stakeholders.
• Good understanding of user-centered design philosophy and process
• Hands-on experience with wireframing and prototyping tools
• Attention to detail and passion for excellence
• Strong portfolio of work including examples of mobile web, desktop and app experiences
• Ability to conceptualize, design, and deliver experiences.
• Ability to communicate user needs and demonstrate how proposed designs solve those to internal team and other stakeholders.
• Ability to collaborate with designers, strategists, managers, and technologists
• Ability to present and build support for work to senior stakeholders
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy
PORTFOLIO REQUIRED - case studies encouraged!
• 5+ years of experience in UI and UX design
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, Human Factors or similar degree desirable
• Preferred: experience in medical, healthcare or other highly regulated fields
• Lead the creation of User Interface and UX flows and wireframes
• Conceptualize, design and define breakthrough user experiences, drawing inspiration from research, user goals, and the world around you
• Work with our copy, visual design and accessibility teams to ensure all work is compliant with our brand, copy and accessibility guidelines.
• Partner with research, optimization, and analytics teams when appropriate to inform and validate design decisions
• Gain stakeholder support for designs by clearly communicating design vision and rationale
• Translate complex cognitive challenges across multiple projects into elegant user experiences delivered across multiple channels (digital, phone, in-store)
• Develop deep understanding of customer journeys, personas, and segmentation within your portfolio of projects