- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- July 2020
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
We’re looking for a creative writer who can communicate the human side of our client's brand while educating, informing and encouraging our customers along every step of their financial journey. You will be responsible for maintaining a confident and inspired voice of the brand across every customer touchpoint from concept development and execution to completion. As part of our client's dynamic in-house agency, you must be collaborative but also able to work independently—owning a project with some oversight, but with no hand-holding. In this role, You will have written and edited copy for brands with established guidelines but aren’t afraid to push the envelope when the opportunity presents itself.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with art directors, creative managers and account managers to unearth strategic insights that can be converted into compelling creative executions for multiple lines of business across various platforms: web, mobile, social, print, direct mail, posters, emails, retail signage, presentations, events, and video.
• Ideate and write simple and inspired copy that is always on tone and on brand—following the established Voice, brand guidelines and editorial style guide.
• Comfortable presenting creative ideas and solutions to peers, managers and business partners
• Participate in project kickoffs, status meetings, and creative reviews, to stay aligned with the creative process and ensure adherence to timelines
• Complete all assigned work on deadline and regularly communicate status updates to your managers and teammates
• Familiarize yourself with learning the nuances of multiple lines of business (i.e. credit card, business banking, merchant services, retail/branch, home lending, auto, digital wallets, and corporate)
• 7+ years of professional writing experience; agency experience is preferred but not required
• Writing aesthetic: approachable voice, snappy writing style, and experienced in adapting to brand voice
• Demonstrated experience for a service: banking, healthcare, insurance, other professional services is a plus!
• College degree in advertising, communications, creative writing, or a similar course of study.
• Strong command of the English language (you comb your work—and others’—for logic, grammar, spelling and consistency)
• Proven conceptual thinker with experience in a wide array of media including digital, email, social media, print, direct response, video and events/display
• Strong communication, presentation and strategy skills
• Aren’t afraid to be the person to throw out the craziest idea—you never know
• Knowledge of the financial services industry, or the ability to learn it quickly