- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Deanne Gilman
A global tech company based in Redmond is looking for a technical writer and editor to support their cloud support center team. This person would edit and refresh self-help articles and other pre-written support content for enterprise customers.
• Assess content for quality and structure following team guidelines. For instance: Does the content clearly describe the problem? Does the content explain why the problem is relevant to the customer? Does it provide sufficient troubleshooting/resolution steps? Does content inform the customer how they could identify the problem themselves in the future?
• Edit for organization, content, technical accuracy, and style. For easy content issues, you should be able to provide suggested fixes to the content authors. For hard issues, you should be able to kick it back to the content author with enough guidance on what the issue is with the content and drive them to resolve it.
• The process entails receiving a notification in GitHub that a pull request is ready for review. You will be responsible for reviewing it, providing feedback and recommendations back to the author. The authors are engineers and PMs in cloud support teams. After these iterations happen with the author, you will sign off on and approve the PR for publishing.
• 3-5 years’ experience creating technical, customer facing content
• Writing and editing content for Engineers, Architects and/or IT Pros
• Technical depth to roughly assess content
• Experience with or knowledge of cloud technologies
• Ability to work in a dynamic, changing environment
• Proactive communicator and ability to drive communications and engagement
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously are required
• Experience working with technical product teams supporting technical audiences
• Experience or familiarity with markdown and GitHub is preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, English, Computer Science or related field preferred. Work related experience may substitute for degree
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.