- Pasadena, CA and Remote
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Cynthia Escalante
Required Skills and Experience
Project Management and Customer Relations Skills
· Proven ability to plan, develop and design websites from inception to completion utilizing appropriate tools and methodologies.
· Ability to consult directly with customers regarding web technologies, site functionality, and services that will facilitate project objectives.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage projects.
· Ability to collaborate on projects with the web services team
· Knowledge of agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Velocity Tracking)
· Advanced, up-to-date knowledge of principles and techniques in web design, hosting and production.
· Experience delivering multiple websites, able to work independently, and able to take a project “start to finish.”
· Demonstrated experience using the following languages and frameworks:
- CMS experience a plus (Wagtail, Drupal, Wordpress)
- Cloud infrastructure
· Experience with collaborative version control using Git (branches, pull-reqs, etc.)
· Experience with command line and package managers (npm, yarn)
· Knowledge of back-end databases (MySQL, NoSQL) and REST to organize content, create workflow tools, form submissions, API calls, etc.
· Knowledge of web server administration (SSH / command line interface ability a plus)
· Ability to ensure that websites are in compliance with 508 ADA requirements and Lab policies using scan software (SortSite)
· Knowledge of web browser compatibility (i.e., cross-browser compliance)
· Demonstrated knowledge of UX and UI principles
· Experience with responsive and mobile-first design and development
· Experience working with typography and the ability to create effective, user-friendly web layouts on the fly, all while following enterprise style guidelines.
· Experience designing wireframes and prototypes using tools such as XD, Figma or Sketch.
· Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite or similar vector graphics software
Nice to haves
· AWS experience
- Ability to provide constructive feedback regarding improving processes within the team
· WebGL/3D modeling
- PHP (ASP, Java)
· Video Editing and After Effects Knowledge
A federally funded research and development center.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals.