- Nashville and Memphis, TN
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Our Fortune 500 client is seeking a Community Marketing Coordinator to support their corporate team by working with the marketing team on local initiatives that support long-term membership growth goals. In this role, you will establish relationships with appropriate local organizations, such as Community-Based Organizations (CBOs), Faith-Based Organizations (FBOs) School-Based Organizations (SBOs) and Business Based Organizations (BBOs). In addition to establishing these relationships, you will develop the strategy to engage with the organization's constituents in a meaningful manner.
The successful candidate will be a self-directed, proactive individual likely with a civic background and prior experience working with organizations that serve the community. Candidates must be comfortable working in large, matrixed environments and have the ability to influence others to achieve desired outcomes. Although not required, prior experience working with brokers is preferred. The preferred candidate should live in the Nashville, TN area and be willing to travel 25-50% of the time between Nashville and Memphis and have a "boots on the ground" presence in specific markets. Given the current environment and situation, this individual will also need to be creative and flexible for how to respond and be "present" in the market, even if in-person events are prohibited.
- Lead the development and strategy for local market partnerships and the company's local market presence
- Collaborate and partner with colleagues in the existing markets who have community connections and develop a list of appropriate partnerships to reach the target demographic of customers
- Execute community outreach tactics and coordinate necessary company materials, broker presence, etc. at in-person events
- Understand the current competitive environment, including their local presence and local partnerships
- Create relationships with key community leaders, laying the foundation for the company to have a continuous involved presence in the market
- Act as a company ambassador and communicate the value that they bring to their target customers
- Participate in the development of marketing materials to support local market partnerships and/or events
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
Prior knowledge of and familiarity with industry acronyms is a plus.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Ideal Candidates will offer:
- 5+ years of marketing or sales experience
- Experience with local community organizations including non-profits, religious organizations, community groups, etc.
- Experience with unique partnerships and co-branding opportunities
- Knowledge of the broker channel or health insurance in general
- Proven ability to work successfully in a matrix team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation/public speaking skills
- Ability to influence others, build relationships and network
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Bachelor's Degree
- Community Outreach
- Direct Marketing
- Channel marketing
- Consumer marketing
- Marketing Plan
- Performance Analysis
- Problem Solving
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to starting.