- Remote or West Coast
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shari Hungerford
Aquent Studios is hiring an Marketing Content Writer / Editorial Lead to support the content strategy team of a Fortune 500 client! If you’re plugged into what’s trending at the intersection of business and technology – read on as we’d love to hear from you!
Work Location: Remote (Candidates on the west coast preferred but not required)
Start Date: As soon as candidate selected
Job Type: Salaried Consultant – 40 hour work weeks
***Opportunity to go long term contract to hire.
We are looking for an accomplished storyteller with a journalism background and experience in content marketing across multiple channels for large, well-known brands. The Editorial Lead will need to put a content plan into action across production, optimization, and amplification to meet our client’s content marketing goals and objectives.
This strategic role works cross-functionally to align key collaborators on cross-channel content that resonates with IT leaders, developers, and practitioners. This team member won’t plan, write, and edit in a silo. Instead, they’ll forge relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create strategic content that suits the audience’s needs. The Editorial Lead will also track content growth along the way and craft strong executive-facing slide decks to support and explain that growth.
- Write, edit, and curate original content for IT/CIO prospects and customers
- Leverage content of all kinds – including influencer interviews, media bylines, blog posts, brand journalism, multimedia series, learning modules, and SEO articles – to meet content marketing goals and objectives
- Plan and maintain an editorial calendar that supports marketing and product marketing strategy
- Uphold our client’s voice and tone in every piece of content
- Pitch new story ideas and content formats
- Design, appoint, and oversee IT editorial review board
- Collaborate with product marketing, creative, campaigns, social media, customer marketing, and program management as key stakeholders
- Together with key stakeholders, prioritize topics within the editorial calendar, ensure consistent quality, and optimize delivery across channels
- Maintain clear, organized communication to stakeholders, even as team goals and priorities shift
- Interview our client’s customer Trailblazers and incorporate their voices into content to tell their unique, inspiring stories
- Measure success and test new ways of doing things
- Contribute to other content team initiatives – including events, strategic communications, and executive presentations – when needed
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing, journalism, or professional writing/editing at a tech company (or within a similar fast-paced industry)
- Tech industry knowledge and interest, particularly within CRM and enterprise applications.
- Past experience as a lead writer or editor following a style guide. Only the best content passes your sniff test, and you take pride in your first draft.
- Creative thinker who can not only identify gaps or opportunities, but also offers ways to address them. When you encounter obstacles, you find an effective solution with a positive mindset.
- Excessively organized. Your calendar is your best friend, and while leading meetings with stakeholders, you make sure their time is well spent.
- Proven ability to work well externally: with customers, with channel partners, and with agencies.
- Beyond external content, you bring internal communication excellence – using PowerPoint, Google Slides, and other meeting tools to get the whole team onboard. You use on-slide visuals and a sparkling talk track to share data, ideas, and insights quickly.
- Social media and influencer marketing skills a plus.
- Experience working with Kapost, Quip, AEM, and Wordpress a plus.
Please include availability, updated resume and portfolio samples.