- Milwaukee, WI
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
Aquent’s large financial industry client seeks a Media Relations Specialist for a 12+ month engagement (W2, full time hours, and eligible for Aquent’s comprehensive benefits and paid sick time).
LOCATION: Office is located in Franklin, WI. Will consider remote candidates as well.
In this role, you will assist with developing external communication strategies and tactics to elevate the client’s reputation.
Areas of focus:
- executing communication strategies and tactics
- elevating the reputation of key field offices and financial advisors in regional markets and nationwide
- multicultural media relations focused on the women’s market
- general company news announcements
Deliverables include: crafting key messages (to the media), supporting documents (news releases, FAQs, talking points, copy concepts, etc.), news articles, collateral, etc.
You’ll also assist PR team members on various initiatives, including national outreach, regional outreach, thought leadership and executive visibility, diversity/ target market outreach, merchandising, and special projects.
Provide media line assistance that support advisors nationwide. This includes: assist financial representatives with media opportunities and/or corporate opportunities when appropriate. Ability to skillfully manage complex programs, matrixed strategies, and significant workload.
What this role needs:
• 5+ years of Media Relations / PR experience
• Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, listening, influencing) are a must.
• Experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing, training or related communication field.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations, marketing or social sciences.
• Emphasis on specialized knowledge of public relations, media relations, and issues management.
Strong digital savvy and work in close collaboration with marketing and communications teammates to deliver content across audiences.
• Demonstrate exceptional presentation, writing, and analytical skills, including experience writing strategic plans and detailed message materials (press materials, talking points, etc.)