- San Bruno, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Richey
Our team builds innovative and engaging experiences for advertisers to create compelling and effective video ad creative using a scaled approach that serves both large and small advertisers. Our desktop platforms utilize a spectrum of technology (rendering pipelines, machine learning and artificial intelligence) merged with industry standard best practices to allow users to launch effective video ad campaigns.
We design new tools and features through the deep understanding of advertisers, consumers, and their unique goals and interests.
As a Video and Motion Graphic Artist, you will work closely with interaction designers, visual designers, engineers, and product managers throughout all stages of the product cycle. You are a critical thinker with a good design sense, a strong technical background in 2D/3D video and animation tools. Video and Motion Graphic Artists work on projects that have impact on the web and video ad experience of millions of our users.
You will be helping to develop high-level and/or detailed moodboards, storyboards, concepts, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate art direction, design ideas, and final video output. Gauge the usability of new and existing products whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Self-reliance and leadership
- Continuously strive for simplicity within ambiguity
- Enjoys collaborating and fostering alignment with UX, VisD, PM, Eng teams
- Ability to communicate complex design concepts clearly
- Eager to be part of a multidisciplinary UX team comprised of design, editorial, and user research
- Help build a best-in-class library of templated video ads
- Develop visualizations and animations for short, long-term projects
- Provide rationale driven art direction and creative execution
- Communicate, conceptualize, design, and execute bold and artful ideas
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of beautiful, useful, and consistent experiences
- Create visual content with a business-focused narrative in mind and an understanding of content hierarchy
- Working with our engineering team to understand and optimize our processes and implementation of ad creative
- Partner closely with a cross-functional team including; product managers, UI designers, UX writers, UX researchers, engineers, sales, marketing
- 3+ years experiences as motion graphic designer at a well known creative agency or design studio
- Experience of owning design goals and communicating directly with clients
- The right person will be a creative and driven designer/animator who has good working knowledge of branding, typography, and especially motion graphic skills
- The right person should be proficient in following software: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D, Arnold Renderer (preferred)
- Experience designing and executing channel ID (preferable)
- Strong knowledge of constraints/opportunities designing for localization needs and aesthetic
- Strong technical acumen and understanding of opportunities and constraints of video rendering and automation at scale
- Self-starter who can communicate and coordinate projects independently with limited direction/supervision
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles