- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
Aquent's Client is looking for an Art Director to join the Visual Systems team, a pillar within Product Foundation supporting the App. We focus on creating, maintaining, and evolving the visual systems that define our brand in the product including icons, emoji, illustration, motion, photography, and live-action creative.
This role will be dedicated to partnering with The Company's Social Impact team. Social Impact’s mission is to empower everyone to make the world a better place through all of the company's products. It builds global tools that help people fundraise for non-profits, volunteer in their community, find accurate information about elections, and most recently, stay up-to-date on COVID-19 information. Social Impact evaluates their products’ real-world impact, directly measuring the good they’re creating in the world.
This person will be responsible for contributing to the overall design process through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals for the Social Impact team that will resonate with an external global audience. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented art director with a concept-driven approach who understands how form influences function and is constantly striving for simplicity. They are an expert in their craft, with the ability to inspire and empower artists on a team to create their best work. They should have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums and know how to work in product. Exhibit excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex, sometimes abstract, concepts clearly and persuasively, and finally, delivers content that’s delightful, beautiful, and clear and with a high level of finish and polish
- Create concepts, sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide creative development
- Oversee and guide work of illustrators, animators, and other creatives (internally and externally) and directly contribute to design work where applicable
- Work in close collaboration with product teams to absorb knowledge, define opportunities, and develop concepts and treatments to bring ideas to life
- Work closely with the Product Designers and Content Strategists of Social Impact to implement a cohesive visual style, voice, and tone, thinking about each project holistically and how it fits in the entire App ecosystem
- Deliver compelling visuals in various styles/mediums: illustration, animation or other media (as appropriate)
- 5+ years of experience as an Art Director at a creative agency or an in-house team
- An online portfolio showcasing relevant work that exhibits strong conceptual ability, composition and color, and demonstrates dedication to design excellence in a variety of digital media (mobile, web)
- Demonstrated ability to create quality work in a fast-paced environment and to accept design feedback and incorporate it quickly
- Knowledge of design principles related to branding, marketing, and publishing with understanding of UX design, digital product design, information hierarchy, user-flow, and typography
- Experience working with product design and content strategy, building visual systems, and visual storytelling including illustration, design and animation
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.