- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Terms:
- Generous DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennie Brandon
Editors provide editing and proofreading services for print and interactive marketing communications. This includes the editing and proofreading of packaging, marketing collateral, signage for retail and channel partners, .com, the online store, direct mail, video, and corporate identity guidelines.
Editors work closely with writers, editors, production, product marketing, and legal teams to ensure the clarity and accuracy of communications and to maintain the highest possible standards in corporate and marketing communications. Editors review projects at all stages of the design and production process, from copy development to layout to mechanical to final proof, testing, and staging.
The ideal candidate has extensive proofreading and editorial experience, familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style and the conventions of American English style and usage, technological savvy, and some knowledge of trademark issues. The candidate should also demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work as a member of a team and to perform effectively and efficiently under pressure. Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced environment are essential. A solid understanding of the creative development and production process is recommended.
Requires a B.A. or B.S. degree and 6 to 7 years of editorial experience or an advanced degree and 4 to 5 years experience. The ideal candidate will have previous editorial and proofreading experience at a top-tier publication, design firm, corporate marketing communications department, or ad agency.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)