- Oakland, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
This role will be remote until client offices in Oakland open. Upon opening, candidate will be expected to sit onsite in the Oakland Studio.
Our Health Insurance client in Oakland, CA is looking for an insightful, thoughtful, and self-motivated writer to join their Creative Studio. The ideal candidate is a nimble and agile problem solver, a committed collaborator, and is able to transform complex healthcare concepts into member-friendly, clear, and engaging language.
From kick-off to final approval, you’ll be working alongside a team of talented art directors, production designers, and marketing stakeholders to help bring the brand to life across media. This role calls for a highly organized individual who can prioritize a variety of projects on tight timelines. You must also have a strong and articulate point of view when it comes to copy and be flexible when working alongside internal client-partners across multiple lines of business to review and revise work.
This particular role will be writing crisis communications across direct mail, email, and more in a human, honest, and courageous way without the legal jargon and pitfalls of such communications.
• Transform complex healthcare concepts into member-friendly, clear, and engaging language
• Help develop concepts and write copy for numerous (B2B and B2C) multichannel campaigns (emails, direct mailers, brochures, web pages, ads, fliers, and more)
• Write crisis and operational communications across direct mail, email, and more in our brand tone and voice
• Read and review creative briefs, attend kickoff meetings, and actively engage and ask questions at project inception
• Work with art directors, production designers, brand strategists, and other marketing specialists to deliver desired results
• Regularly present work to multiple stakeholders
• Help champion the brand identity, tone, and voice both internally and externally
• Follow established writing style guidelines, brand guidelines, and the AP style guide
• Deftly pivot back and forth from writing for a broad member audience, to writing for brokers, healthcare providers, and employer groups
• Adhere to the regulatory content and compliance mandates that are inherent to writing in the healthcare space
• Prioritize projects as needed, attend to the needs of multiple client-partners, maintain high content and creative standards, and meet deadlines
• 3+ years of work experience as a content strategist or writer in a creative environment
• Expertise in writing crisis and operational communications
• Strong portfolio of writing samples
• Strong editing and proofreading skills
• Must be able to collaborate with art directors, production designers, brand strategists, and marketing stakeholders to deliver desired results
• An enthusiastic and confident presenter
• Familiarity with AP style guide
• Ability to work on concurrent projects with imminent deadlines
• Familiarity with MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS office
• Good humor, flexibility, and a positive attitude
Great to have:
Experience in the healthcare space
Experience writing timely and important information in concise, clear way
Strong proofreading and editing skills
Current resume and writing samples required with application.
Our client is committed to remaining a drug-free work place. All positions require a pre-employment background investigation and drug screen.